~ Chapter 13 ~

A black-haired girl sat down in the corner of the Palace's Library, reading the Life Of Takehiko. It was a book that recorded Takehiko's life in his point of view from when he was born and up to the present point. She was halfway through his life and a frown was on her face.

I didn't have a clue what he was thinking. I trusted him with my life, and here he goes thinking about taking over the world just because he's so powerful. Sure, he's a God and a yokai, but that doesn't mean he can go around bashing people's heads in. He's letting his own power deprive of him of his humanity, now, he just wants power. I have to stop him, and warn the King of his betrayal.

I'm sorry, Hideyoshi. I really am. But you leave me no choice. You've gone insane. It's the only way I can save you.

Kyoko closed the book, Hideyoshi, so that is his name. A minor God now that he has lost his title as a Forest God, and a sadistic, slightly perverted wolf yokai. Explains why so many of the yokais that have attacked me has either been wolves or dogs.

She got up from her seat, placed the book back into its respective shelf and began leaving the room.

Now, I have a plan of attack. Her eyes gleamed with bloodlust. It's only a matter of time before I can get my revenge on the guy that wounded my protective pride.

"Takehiko," Kyoko said nonchalantly, trying to wake the sleeping God. She didn't really want to wake him up, but he needed to eat or he was going to die. "Tch, stupid God. Then he can starve," she rubbed the nape of her neck. "Now, what's next?"

She continued her jobs as familiar alone. Akari and Aurora had flown off awhile ago to give some files to the King.

She stopped when she felt someone approach her from behind, "Takehiko, what do you think you're do—" she stopped mid-sentence as an attack came down just beside her.

Her hair was let loose due to the fact whatever weapon he used snipped her hair tie. She narrowed her eyes, glancing beside her to see a spear with a giant crater underneath her. She looked down the spear until she came across some hands, and looked upwards slightly to see Takehiko. His eyes were glowing red instead of the usual gold-ish yellow colour. She quickly dodged the next attack, her hands flinging towards her swords, only to realise they were still chained.

Oh, damn. Well, I'm in danger now. Should make a run for it. She turned around and began bolting out of the shrine into the forest, away from the village. She jumped through the trees nonchalantly as Red-eyed Takehiko attacked her continuously, practically chopping down every tree.

Poor trees... Not really. Now, what should I do? I could kill him, however...

"Since we made a contract, there are some laws that are created just for us too. I have my laws that you have to abide by and you have your laws that I have to abide by. Laws are created by the heart. Even if I'm not there, the heart knows it and you will die immediately if you are to break one of the laws. They are created over time, and every time a law is created within the heart, the other partner will be aware of the new law and be notified of it by voice."

If I remember, his laws were:

You do not kill humans or anyone unless they are deemed to be trouble for human society, best to consult me first before attacking anyone that could be a potential danger.

You do not attack me with the intent to kill unless I tell you to.

and finally.

3. You do not betray me ever.

I can't attack him, if I try, my bloodlust might leak out and I'll be the one dying, not him. I'll just have to keep running and figure out what's going on with him. She concluded in her head, speeding up her pace as Takehiko was ganging up on her.

I'm going to have one hell of a day, aren't I?