~ Chapter 14 ~

Kyoko frowned as she hid, relieved that she managed to lose Takehiko but was unsatisfied that she still hadn't figured out what was wrong with Takehiko. She jumped around, looking for the answer as she carefully scoured the area to make sure she doesn't get spotted by Takehiko.

She was annoyed that her swords weren't in use, if she had them, she could have easily disabled Takehiko into submission or at least knocked him out. She tugged on her blades, but the binds on her swords only tightened and glowed a deep gold colour. She growled before jumping off again, thinking once more. What could've made Takehiko this way? Food poisoning of sorts? No, I cook the food. I would've noticed if there had been any tampers with it. So what?

An image of his wound came across his mind. Was it that? Most likely. It should've healed ages ago but it's still there, fresh and new as if he got it yesterday. It's not an ordinary wound. Some sort of spell or curse. She sighs. The main question is... How am I going to eradicate this spell?

Laughter filled the room as the man, known as Hideyoshi watched Kyoko struggle in vain against Takehiko. "How does it feel Takehiko? To attack someone dear to you, you're own familiar? I bet it really grinds your little gears. Hmm, but it disappoints me that she isn't fighting as much as I thought she would. Ah well, might as well enjoy her gruesome death~"

I don't mind dying that much, but survival is what I do. I don't let people kill me. Life is life. Death is death. They die, they die. I die, I die. Kyoko thought to herself, dodging the Takehiko's attacks. Nothing changes. Life doesn't matter to me,Takehiko could die and I wouldn't care. Although, he says that life is a precious thing. It's not in my opinion - but I do know that there is some value to it, it's just not valuable to me. But even so, have a job to fulfil, protect this village and that is all I care about. I will not kneel down to him because my life is on the line, I will defeat him. However, I owe him and I plan to repay that debt.

So, I won't kill him.

She stops running.

I'll stop running and protect this village with my own fists.

She turns on her heel to face him.

I'll save him if I can, but if I can't, then I'll protect this village.

A look of determination was in her eyes, but her other features stayed emotionless.

It's the least I can do.

She raises her fist.

So, whoever is controlling him thinks I'm going to go easy on him because he's the one that helped me from my darkest days...

Wind surrounded her viciously as Takehiko neared closer and closer towards her.

Then, you're wrong.

Takehiko's spear came crashing down towards her. However, before it could make contact with her, he was blown away by the velocity of the wind. His spear and himself were separated. Her eyes glinted slightly and she jumped, grabbing onto the spear herself. Steam could be seen, coming from Kyoko's hand. Right, this is a God's weapon, it's going to burn me soon or later. I have to make this attack count.

She held the spear like a naginata, her hands searing. Her eyes turned red for an instant, she concentrated yokai power into it. The spear glowed a golden colour. Purify. Was the last thing she thought as she swung the blade upwards. A huge glowing slash went towards the attacking God, he got hit.

She immediately dropped the weapon after the attack was done. Her hands were burned severely and were practically steaming. On the ground, was an unconscious, steaming Takehiko. His wound was visible, glowing a dark red colour that could easily resemble blood. Damn, it's still there. She walked over to Takehiko and harshly stepped on his chest. "Idiot," she said harshly, her eyes glinting with darkness. "I did the hard part already. So get your ass back here. I did not get myself burn just so I can find out you gave in to this beast. If I decide to kill you, don't give me excuses that you were being controlled. It's your fault by the time you realise it. What? You're scared now. Good. You should be. I'm a yokai after all."

Takehiko was surrounded by darkness, nothing was around him but darkness. He stepped forward, but as soon as he did, he was surrounded by a red coloured cage. He began to remember what happened and cursed at himself, sitting down. He couldn't hear anything, but just see his familiar run away from his own figure. He so desperately wanted to speak out to his familiar to run, but his voice just wouldn't work.

The only words he was able to hear were...

"How does it feel Takehiko? To attack someone dear to you, you're own familiar? I bet it really grinds your little gears."

He knew that voice all to well, it belonged to his ex friend, Hideyoshi. He gritted his teeth in frustration that he couldn't do anything but watch. You could say, he was on the verge of giving up.

He watched the fight between his familiar and himself, his eyes widening when Kyoko held his weapon without hesitation and pulled off a purifying attack. However, even after the attack, the cage still remained. He sighed, beginning to give up hope. But a voice came through.

"Idiot," a voice said, he recognised it as Kyoko's. "I did the hard part already. So get your ass back here. I did not get myself burn just so I can find out you gave in to this beast," give in. Does she really think I gave in. "If I decide to kill you, don't give me excuses that you were being controlled. It's your fault by the time you realise it. What? You're scared now. Good. You should be. I'm a yokai after all," a smile came across his face.

She really knows how to motivate people, he thought to himself. However, there was one thing she got wrong. He stood up and grabbed onto the bars, crushing them into pieces.

I've never been afraid of her.

Kyoko lifted her foot off of Takehiko as she felt some movement from him. "Took you long enough, idiot. I was actually thinking of slaying right here and now," she said bluntly while Takehiko sat up, laughing nervously.

"Yeah, I sorta figured that," she sighed before looking at him seriously.

"Whatever. So, about that invisible gash of yours..."

Takehiko said "It's gone. I got rid of it, I have an idea who did it."

"Yeah, it's obvious," Kyoko said in an annoyed tone, her face looking a tad irritated. "The person that attacked you, did it, duh. Was it one of Hideyoshi's minions?"

Takehiko looked at her shocked, "How did you...?"

"I looked at your life book and read halfway through it. Interesting life you have, Takehiko. So, who was it?"

"Well.... It was actually Hideyoshi himself," Takehiko admitted, feeling stupid about himself for getting easily controlled.

"I see.... Let's go home," Kyoko said, beginning to walk away.

Takehiko was surprised and asks "What? You're not going to hurt me or anything or tell me I'm an idiot?"

Kyoko raised an eyebrow as she looked at him. "Are you a masochist or something? Idiot. You've already been through a lot so I'm letting this one slide. Besides, I have better things to do than call you stupid names all day," and she continued on her way.

Alright, Hideyoshi. When I find you, be prepared to meet my fist. She thought to herself, her eyes glistening with bloodlust. No one gets away with hurting my Master, controlling him and trying to make him kill me. Unless...

They want to meet my wraith I call merciless.