~ Chapter 12 ~

For the next week, Takehiko was forced to stay in bed by none other than Kyoko, Akari and Aurora. Meanwhile, Kyoko kept watch on the village's wellbeing while also searching for any signs of the perpetrator who attacked Takehiko. Akari and Aurora kept an eye on Takehiko to make sure he didn't leave his room or try to do anything reckless.

Kyoko cooked food for the God, did his laundry and his share of work - doing minor jobs that are sometimes requested through prayers from the peoples - and many other things.

At the moment, Kyoko was filling out forms that Takehiko was suppose to do that was due the next day. However, he was asleep at the moment so it was up to her to fill them out for him. "Troublesome god," she mumbled to herself as she looked at the form, regarding the incident that had happened about a week ago and the upcoming Summer Festival. "He should be filling these out, not me. However," she looks at him before glancing at the bandaged wound.

It's been a week, and his wound still hadn't healed. Very unusual, since he is a God, it should've healed long ago. To add, when I first treated it, it didn't seem as deep as it looked. The wound on his chest is not an ordinary wound. I need to find that perpetrator fast, but with this extra load of work... She huffed and growled, she quickly finished the form and gave it to Aurora. "Send this to the King, and tell him I request a meeting with him."

"A-A-Alright!" Aurora flew off.

I need to be quick and efficient, the best way is to have the King help me. As much as it pains me to admit that I'll need his help, I have no choice. She looked at Takehiko. But I have to admit, he is beginning to grow on me. However, now is not the time for that.

She jumped out of the room through the window, going on a night patrol around the city.

"Hmm, looks like my attack on her Master has aroused the girl to make a move," he licked his lips. "I suppose it's soon going to be my time to make a move. Ah~ What an exciting game this will be. I can't wait to meet you, my little Kyoko and take you away from that vile God."

Kyoko stopped when she felt a chill go down that spine. Odd, a chill went down my spine - is something bad going to happen? Whatever, she continued on her patrol.

The King chuckles as he watches the black-haired female enter the room. "Kyoko, long time no see—"

"Not long enough," Kyoko commented, only making the King laugh even more.

"Still have that brutal honesty with you, I see. Now, what was it you liked to talk to me about?" The King asks, becoming serious.

Kyoko said bluntly and calmly "I would like access to your library."

"And why's that?"

Kyoko said "I'm sure you have a history of yokai information about there, right? I want to find something about past yokais that are alive and have a certain grudge against Takehiko."

"Oh, so you want to know more about Takehiko's past? I'm surprised he hasn't told you," The King said, stroking his beard. "I suppose I'll grant you permission, mind telling me why?"

"You saw the report about Takehiko's injury," she said, scratching the nape of her in nonchalance. "So you can figure it out yourself," and she walks off.

Her plan was in motion now, it was only a matter of time before she would figure out who was the perpetrator was.

Wondering why she was doing this? Simple. She takes pride in any job she takes. Whether it be if she kills because she wants to or it be that someone gave her the job to protect something. When she's told to do something by someone that is relatively become important in life, she takes it seriously. Now that someone she is suppose to be protect has been injured, she plans to take revenge on the person that has wounded her pride of protecting someone.

And she doesn't plan to give any mercy to whoever it is.