~ Chapter 18 ~

Kyoko was resting away, darkness surrounding her as she let her body rest.

"Oi! Wake up you idiot!" Kyoko opened her eyes to come face to face with Akari.

She grabbed onto Akari and moved her out of the way as she sat up. Akari growled and said "What was that for?"

"You were too close," she simply stated. "What happened?"

"You fainted after your little showdown!" Akari said, still a bit pissed.

Kyoko blinks a few times, before saying "Oh," she stood up from her futon, revealing the white yukata she was wearing.

"Hey! What are you doing? You're not in any condition to move!" Akari said, trying to stop Kyoko from going anywhere.

However, she was just pushed away as Kyoko left the room. "What do you think you're doing, Kyo?"

She glanced over to see Takehiko. "Nothing. Just bored."

"I've sent a report to the King about what happened," she raised an eyebrow.

"I see. So, what is the King going to do?" She asks.

Takehiko replies "The King plans to have the Underworld God to lock up Hideyoshi for awhile until we know what we are going to do with him."

Kyoko looked at Takehiko and walked off. I don't see why they don't just kill him right then and there, she thought to herself before sighing. She sat down on the wooden boards that had been rebuilt. Takehiko sat down beside her, "What are you thinking about?"

She shrugs. "Who knows.... Hey Takehiko."

"Hmm? What is it Kyo?"

She was silent for a few seconds, before saying "Do you think he will come back to get his revenge?"

"You mean, Hideyoshi, right?" She nodded. "Hmm, it's hard to say. He's a cunning guy, but as long as he stays locked up, I'm sure he won't be a problem. Why do you ask? Are you worried?"

She just shook her head, not answering. It was silent for a very long time, before Kyoko decided to break it. "I will protect this village with all my might."

"I know you will," Takehiko said.

.

.

.

"What does life mean to you, Takehiko?"

Takehiko thinks about it before smiling. "To me, it's something special that makes everyone alike that is something never taken lightly."

Kyoko nods, staring at the sky. "I see....."

Despite it being peaceful, they knew that it won't last forever.

But for now, they decided to enjoy the moment of peace.

"That made you sound more like a pedophile."

And everything returned back to normal.