~ Chapter 15 ~

Weeks, or rather months had passed, and nothing drastic had happened. Kyoko was laying down on the wooden boards with her eyes closed. She had already finished doing her familiar chores so she was resting at the moment. Takehiko said "Hey Kyoko."

"Hmmm?" Kyoko said, opening one eye to take a look at him.

Her eyes were emotionless as always, only sparking time to time when something interested her. "Why don't we go to the summer festival?"

She raised an eyebrow.

People was everywhere as stalls were up everywhere, people playing games and buying food. In the middle of it, was a black-haired girl wearing a short black kimono with her sheathed swords strapped on her left waist. Beside her, was the Forest God, wearing his usual kimono. She asks in a blunt tone "Why are we here again?"

"Well, from what I've known, you've spent most of your years just killing people right and never got the chance to have any fun, right? So, I thought why not take you to the festival so you can enjoy your youth? It would be a good experience for you in my opinion."

".... Pedophile..."

Takehiko started sulking again, saying something about thinking that she would appreciate it. Kyoko's eyes soften, "However, I suppose this would be a good change of pace... So.. Thanks," Takehiko's face lit up like a child.

For an adult, he's too much of a child in my opinion. How did he become a God again? She sighs as Takehiko began showing her around. Although, it was supposed to be a fun experience for her, it mostly became a death teaching experience. She learned how to use a toy gun, and her aim was so precise that Takehiko was beginning to think it wasn't a good idea to bring her. However, that thought retracted as he noticed the look of interest and possibly... Amusement in her eyes as she shot down the prizes. "Maybe I should get myself a gun someday," she mumbled to herself, curiously looking at the fake gun in her hands as Takehiko sweat-dropped.

"Let's go somewhere else, Kyoko. Do you want to eat something?" Her eyes lit up. It seems she enjoys human food more than I thought she would, Takehiko chuckled to himself as he showed Kyoko to the food stalls.

She ate some takoyakis and played more games. For once, her eyes filled with life from the new experience she was gaining.

After a little while, they walked away from the festival. Kyoko said in her usual tone "That was a nice experience. It was different... From my usual doings."

Takehiko chuckled, "It should be, after all, you don't kill in these situations."

"That's true, I suppose," she said, looking at the darkened sky. "Hey, pedophile."

"How long are you going to keep calling me that?" Takehiko said, in a comical sad tone.

She shrugged, "Well, what kind of person takes in someone like me unless they liked children? Pedophiles," Takehiko was crying comically.

Kyoko smiled behind his back, and said bluntly "Thanks a lot. I mean it," he looked at her and smiled.

"No problem, Kyo."

"Kyo?"

"Yeah, it's a cute name for you, don't you think?"

She shrugs, "Call me what you want...Pedophile," she begins to walk away.

"Hey! Wait, don't leave me behind!" Takehiko runs after her. "You could at least admit you like the name."

Kyoko had no real opinion on the nickname and shrugged, "I could really care less about it. You can call me it if it makes you feel better about yourself. Although, I doubt it will. What's with the nickname anyway?"

Takehiko grinned, "You are my familiar after all, I get to name you. Usually, I would have a shikigami that I get to name, but alas, I have a named Yokai partner. Real names are very important and you can't just have it being thrown around carelessly nowadays. Besides, I need a seal name so you can't use your swords unless I give the signal to. So, until I call you by your real name, you are unable to use those chained swords of yours until I completely trust you in using it in the name of good."

Kyoko stared at him for a few seconds before looking at her chained swords. "If that's how it's going to work. I don't really mind. I can wait for you to trust my bloodlust instincts. I can still practice my sword techniques with fake blades anyway."

"What, no! Where are you going to get fake ones from?"

"I can carve them out of wood, it wouldn't be too hard, right?"

"I forbid you from making fake blades! Just no!"

The rest of the time was spent with Takehiko saying no blades for her or anything like that. She only stayed silent and listened away to his lecture.

Takehiko's Law:

4. You do not draw your swords unless I say your real name or if someone's in trouble. Although, whether those chains disappear or not is entirely up to you.