Chapter Three

Bellamy's P.O.V

I was fidgety all throughout dinner. I couldn't help it. 

Just to know that there was a skeleton in a marching band uniform that might be related to the guy in my drawing. 

Gerard... yeah, that's his name. Gerard... Way? It sounded right. It suited the figure in my sketch. But I've never seen this so called Gerard Way before, I kept telling myself, my brain a tornado of confusion.

Seriously... how often does a skeleton come and find you just to try and convince you that you need to save the figment of your imagination? It was absolutely absurd. 

It was crazy. I mean, good god I'm so, so very positively sure that I am going complete bonkers. Just... right down the drain with my sanity, yeah?

But this Gerard guy... he was just so familiar on so many different levels. My head ache started to return quickly so I brushed him from my mind.

Tried at least.

"How was school?" My mom asked in her normal tone, in her normal way... just like any normal day, for her. Hell, normal didn't fit into today's category.

"Shitty," I responded, earning one of her hell looks, you know, the one that practically screamed at me for cursing under her roof.

"Do you have any homework?"

"'Course I do... you know how those bloody teachers are."

We sat in silence as I eyed my plate. I had barely made a dent out of it, but I had better things to worry about than starving to death. Like my sanity.

 My mum rolled her eyes, "Do you want to go to your room now?"

"Yes," I admitted, nodding my head but stopping as it throbbed in protest.

She waved me off and I found myself rushing to get back to my room, quickly washing my plate and running down the hallway hearing a "Don't forget to take your night medicine!"

I opened the door and snuck in, closing it quietly behind me. The little skeleton was curled up in a little ball sleeping on one of my pillows. Sleeping? Skeletons sleep? I wasn't sure how but here I was witnessing what appeared to be true... soon enough, I found myself finding it extremely fucking adorable.

I sighed, deciding to get more information out of him later when he was awake. I grabbed my sketchbook and made my way onto the balcony to start drawing.

But nothing was coming to mind.

No masterpieces, just confusion.

I raised my pencil to make the first stroke before I was violently torn from reality.

...

"Dawn," he, that Gerard fellow, squeezed my hand but for whatever reason I wouldn't look at him. Christ, look at the bloody man you idiot! I yelled in my head. Look at his face! He put a finger under my chin and lifted my eyes to meet his. I didn't really get a good look at him considering we were in the dark. He said, "Don't you ever thing for a second that you aren't important to me. I came to you so you would know that. I came to let you know that you are not alone."

I wanted to back away from the stranger who somehow had crept into my mind without ever even meeting him before. He called me Dawn, like how the skeleton called me... It's not true. My name is Bellamy.

I screamed for her to stop, trying to convince her that he was bad news, but the blush that rose to her... my face, didn't work. She glanced at his lips. They- we- were so close and I wanted to press a hot iron to her brain but it'd be no use.

...

The last thing I remembered before waking up was his lips on mine, involuntarily I screamed his name.

The skeleton thing appearing right next to me, placing a small and reassuring hand on my leg. I pressed my fingertips lightly to my lips, feeling the vibration numb them.

"Gerard," I sobbed, my head hurting so much that surely my pain-o-meter had already broken. I let out strangled sobs, holding onto my head as if it'd fly away and into the sky.

My heart hurt too.

"It's going to be okay," the skeleton said.

"I... I saw him. Oh god it was so terrible. It was like... like I was stuck inside my own body, yelling at her to stop but she wouldn't. I saw what she saw. I felt what she felt. He... he called her Dawn. But that's not me. Why is that memory in my head? My name is Bellamy. Bellamy Bay Iris not... Dawn. She... she can't be me," the skeleton, Cornelius, I remembered, nodded at me, "Why does my head hurt so much? Every single day I can't function properly," I cried, still able to feel the warm, tingling sensation on my lips.

"The Director tried to wipe your memory. But obviously it wasn't good enough. Why do you think you have to take that medicine? The medicine is the same one she injected inside you before all hell broke loose."