Chapter 20

Dawn's P.O.V

I had never felt this scared in a long time… not like this. I was shaking and bawling my eyes out, hell, I was even screaming at them. It was so horrific.

Ray was injected with whatever the fuck they had in their needles. They stuck wires to his head and then electrocuted him. I screamed and kept screaming for them to stop, watching as his now limp body lost its consciousness.

All of them walked out like nothing had even happened. I didn’t know what was going on for awhile. I just let my tears drown me, this entire thing was just a wreck.

“Dawn,” a soft voiced called repeatedly. Finally, I managed to look up at the person. Mikey, in the bed next to mine was staring at me intensely, “He’s not dead.”

Without another word, he tried his best to extend his hand towards mine. I did the same, and we held hands. He squeezed my hand and smiled, “We’ll carry on, right?”

I took a shaky breath, nodding, “Yeah, we’ll carry on.”

 …

The next day, the Director and everyone else from yesterday did the same thing to Mikey. When it was finished, no one was there to tell me that we’ll carry on. I had to be the one to keep reminding myself that.

I screamed, thrashing around and fighting against the restraints not giving a damn about the blood that made its way out of my wounds. They all ignored me for as long as they could but soon gave me medical attention, knowing that they would rather have me die on their terms than on my own. They injected me with a strong sedative and bandaged up my arms.

The next morning they came for me. I eyed the syringe that the Director held in her hand. I did the only thing that came to mind and quite frankly was the only thing I could do… was sing.

“When I was a young boy,

My father took me into the city

To see a marching band.

He said, “Son when you grow up,

Would you be the savior of the broken,

The beaten and the damned?”

He said, “Will you defeat them,

Your demons, and all the nonbelievers,

The plans that they have made?

Because one day I’ll leave you,

A phantom to lead you in the summer,

To join The Black Parade-“

“Make sure she stays still,” the Director ordered, I felt multiple hand of vamps holding me down in place. But that didn’t stop me, I only sand louder each verse.

“Sometimes I get the feeling she’s watching over me.

And other times I feel like I should go.

And through it all, the rise and fall, the bodies in the streets.

And when you’re gone we want you all to know-“

I felt the needle break skin and enter my arm, the liquid entering my veins, it pumping in and out through my heart. They placed the wires on my head like they had with Ray and Michael. I screamed bloody murder as the electricity surged violently throughout my body.

After a few agonizing seconds, I forced out, “We’ll carry on…”

The world turning upside down and going to black.