Chapter Fourteen

Bellamy’s P.O.V

“Gerard!” Ray called, “More are coming!”

Gerard let go of me and stood to his full height and I just sat there, still on my knees feeling as small as possible. I stared down at Tori’s deceased body with a blank expression. The others took their positions around the Trans Am once again. They all called my name but I shut them out, not paying attention.

Drowning the world out was better than dealing with the pain of someone you loved. He was the only friend I had before back when things were normal. They continued calling my name, “Snap out of it!” Adele yelled from her position to my right.

Oh bloody hell did I snap alright. I grabbed the gun that I dropped and picked up Tori’s gun. With both in each of my hands, I shot at every single drac that was in my line of vision. My teeth grinded together as I stormed up to one of them, ignoring the gun he held and pulling off a roundhouse kick, sending the gun flying to the ground. I knocked him down with a kick to the chest. As I loomed over him, I muttered, “So long and goodnight, bitch,” and shot him in the head.

All eyes were on me, I could practically feel their stares but I didn’t give a fuck. They could all piss off. I just kept shooting and shooting even when I knew that he was dead, seeing the life draining out of him as he sunk into the sand.

Without another shot, a pair of arms wrapped around my waist from behind- Gerard.

I let out a small sob and dropped the gun. I would’ve fallen to my knees if Gerard hadn’t been holding me up. He kissed the back of my neck in an attempt to calm me down. He turned me around to face him, pressing my head against his chest, “I’m going to bloody murder her,” I cried.

He gave a dry laugh, “And we’re going to help you every step of the way,” Gerard promised.

“C’mon guys, we have to get to Dr. D’s,” Adele reminded in a soft tone.

I nodded, pulling away from Gerard and sniffled. I turned to Frank and asked, “Do you have any matches?”

He nodded, digging in his back pocket, pulling a small box out and handing it over to me, holding onto my hand for a second longer than necessary. My eyes met his, “I’m so sorry,” he whispered to where it was barely audible.

I strode over to Tori’s body, picking up the mask he wore and throwing it as hard as I could with my good arm. Lighting the match, I held it over his body for a few moments, leaning down and kissing him on his cheek and closing his eyes shut before letting the flame slip from my fingers, the flames springing to action and taking over his entire body.

I was going to kill the Director and anyone who got in my way. I was going to kill her for burning The Black Parade, for brainwashing good and innocent people to make them her slaves to do all her dirty work for her, for brainwashing me. I was going to kill her for taking away my identity and sticking me in this world that should have never existed. I will burn Battery City and her precious industry to the ground.

“Let’s go,” I said darkly, heading for the Trans Am.

Gerard grabbed my wrist, “Bella…”

“I’m sorry, babe… I don’t know who Bella is,” I blinked. He nodded as everyone followed me to the car. This time Adele drove and Ray sat in the passenger seat. Gerard sat against the window, pulling me into his lap and cradled me to his chest with Frank sitting next to us. I was numb all over. I couldn’t cry anymore.

This bitch had declared war. I was most definitely the most pissed off Killjoy in existence. If she likes death so much… then I’ll give it to her.