Chapter Twelve

Bellamy’s P.O.V

I was so comfortable that I didn’t want to wake up or even open my eyes. I noticed that my mask had been removed from my face but I didn’t bother to care at the moment. I snuggled closer to whatever or whoever I was on and sighed in content.

The same unpretentious voice rang in my ears, singing, “Can’t find my way home, but it’s through you and I know what I’d do just to get back in her arms. Can’t find my way home, but it’s through you and I know what I’d do just to get back in her arms. I can’t find the way. Come on angel, don’t you cry.”

I smiled as the enchanting voice sang softly in my ear. I frowned when he stopped singing, “Aw, don’t stop,” I mumbled, still half asleep. The person I was snuggling into chuckled. My heart skipped, I thought I would never hear that laugh ever again.

My eyes weakly opened and everything around me froze as I tilted my head up and stared into those gorgeous hazel eyes of his. I couldn’t believe that it was actually him, “Gerard?” I whispered, my lip wobbling. I reached my hand up to touch his cheek to make sure he was even real. My face fell as I felt my memory spasm coming up, but I would not let it ruin my moment with him.

Gerard stared t me in shock, seeing my eyes change from blue to gold and then back to blue again. I stared at him absently as the memory came rushing back.

She brushed her hand against his cheek just to make sure that he was real, making her grin when her fingertips found his warm skin, “Good morning,” he had whispered.

Returning back to the present Gerard, I blinked, “Sorry,” I apologized, squeezing my eyes shut. I opened them to find myself in his lap, his worried eyes staring down at me.  

 “What happened?”

“A memory came back, that’s all,” I admitted. He seemed startled and for what I had no idea. Then I remembered that I used to have an American accent, “I’ll explain the accent later.”

He nodded, “What did you remember?”

I cleared my throat, “I- uhm… I remembered that first morning when I woke up next to you and holding my hand against your cheek just to make sure you were real,” I admitted.

He smiled down at me, pulling me close to him. I winced and he lessened his grip on me. I took his new appearance in completely for the first time. Instead of the short pale blond hair that I remembered, he traded it in for this shoulder length red mop. I smiled, reaching up and taking a strand into my hand, “Red is your color,” I giggled.

He smiled, rubbing the pad of his thumb across my cheekbone. I slowly lifted my arms around his neck and buried my face in his neck. He hugged me back and kissed my neck, “Oh god…” I cried, holding onto him as tight as my bruises and wounds would let me as if he would slip right through my fingers just like water, “I found you.”

He tucked a finger under my chin and lifted my head up to make me look him in the eyes. Flashes of the night I lost myself came rushing into my head. He wiped the tears away, “I love you,” he pressed his lips against mine.

My body immediately reacted, kissing him back, “I love you too.”

“Bella!” A feminine voice yelled.

“Bloody hell,” I muttered, shrinking back against Gerard. He raised a questioning eyebrow at me, his body tensing up and his arms wrapped tighter around me. I slid from Gerard’s arms, silencing any protests with a quick peck on his lips.