Chapter 22

Gerard’s P.O.V

Frank, Adele, Electric, and I all remained unseen as we walked the streets of Battery Park City. Our hood up and heads down, Frank and I walked ahead with Adele and Electric fifteen feet behind us in an attempt to not look suspicious.

Our group stopped a few feet away from the tunnel that lead inside to BL/Ind, “You all know the plan, right?” I asked again, making it at least the seventh time. They all nodded as we stripped out of the hoodies, tossing them to the side, “Alright, Electric, c’mon.”

Electric brushed his hair out of his face before pulling the Frankenstein mask over his head, hiding his identity. Frank made a small pouty face as he tugged off the plain back shirt he was in, revealing a good portion of his tattoos.

“Ray gun,” I reminded Frank. He huffed, trading guns with her.

“I want my outfit back in one piece,” he demanded like a kid who was being forced to share his toy by his mother.

“You will,” I promised, setting off towards the tunnel after giving a salute, Electric right behind me. We stuck to the side of the wall to try to remain in the shadows, unseen. As we drew closer to the vamps on guard, I took aim.

Pew!

The other vamps rushed about in shocl, I would say there were about five- well… four. They disarmed us quickly, two of them grabbing me. I struggled in their grip as they dragged me inside, doing the same with Electric.

Much to my terror, a needle was plunged in my arm.

Frank’s P.O.V

Pew!

“That’s our signal,” I said, starting down the tunnel with Adele. We reached the end of the tunnel, sticking to the shadows just at Gerard and Electric had. We witnessed Gerard and Electric, who played as me, being dragged inside by the guards.

Step 1: Cause a distraction. Check.

I nudged Adele, pointing over my shoulder towards a small vent on the side of the building. She nodded and we both ran over towards it, making sure to stay as quiet as possible.

“We’re fucking ninjas,” I grinned, yanking the cover off of the vent. I hauled myself up and then stretched an arm out to help Adele. I could have sworn I heard her mumble something about small spaces but I ignored it. I didn’t blame her though, I hated small spaces too.

“You got the map?” I whispered, knowing our voices would echo in all sorts of directions if we weren’t quiet enough.

She pulled out a map and clicked the old flashlight on, holding it in her mouth, “Okay… so we’re here… Where would you think they would keep them?”

“Well, Party and Electric will be taken here, to the Director’s office,” I said, pointing at a part of the map labeled ‘The Director’s Office’ that we specifically circled, “They wouldn’t be on the chamber floor… that’s where Repleh is… I think we should check the floor above is,” I suggested. She nodded in agreement and we set off that way.

We crawled around, peeking through each vent opening to check all of the rooms from above. Of course it had been the last room that we checked where they were. I sighed in relief at the sight of Ray, Mikey, and Dawn asleep in the hospital beds… breathing.

I tugged at the vent as quietly as possible; I immediately went to Dawn, shaking her, “Dawn… Dawn, wake up. It’s Fun Ghoul; we’ve come to get you out of here.”

Her eyes slowly opened as she looked up at me… something was wrong. Her eyes seemed dull and her face was emotionless, “Fun Ghoul?” Her voice cracked.

I nodded, eyeing her suspiciously. I ignored the thought that something was wrong, They probably tortured her.

I undid the restraints that held her back, noticing how much blood was all over her and the white bed sheets. I imagined her screaming, tears pouring down her face as she fought against the restraints. I pushed that thought of her away, undoing the last one.

She stood up slowly, her hands falling to her sides, “You shouldn’t have come,” the words weren’t sad or even friendly like how I would’ve imagined.

No, they were cold, amused, nasty, and lacked emotion. I stepped away from her, gasping. She smirked at my fear, looking at the ray gun in my holster. Before I could step further away from her, she reached in and was now pointing the gun at my head.

She was incredibly fast that it was almost inhuman. There was a clicking sound, indicating that the safety had been taken off, but her hands never moved to take it off. Instead, it was Adele who stepped forward, aiming at Dawn, “Don’t move,” she warned.

The staring battle didn’t last long however, Michael and Ray were out of their spots on the beds, grabbing Adele, her gun falling from her hands in surprise.

“Why are you doing this?” I asked, I’d never thought that three of my closest friends would betray us like that.

Another voice sounded off to the side, sounding amused at the scene that was going on in front of her, “It’s called brainwashing.” I didn’t need to turn to face the person, I already recognized that menacing voice as the Director’s.