Chapter 24

Gerard’s P.O.V

“You can go ahead and kill him, my dear… he’s nothing but a worthless piece of shit,” the Director sniffed dismissively, walking out with her nose stuck high in the air. Frank’s eyes widened as he froze like a deer caught in the headlights of an oncoming vehicle.

Dawn took the ray gun off of safety with an easy move of her thumb. I jumped out of the opening and down onto Frank, pulling him to the floor in time just as the sound of a shot being sounded zoomed past above our heads.

Dawn looked dazed, her face shocked but she immediately recovered, aiming again. I reached out, kicking her legs out from under her and punching her, mentally apologizing.

“Freeze or the girl dies,” Ray spoke.

Adele wore a casual, and if I wasn’t seeing correctly, almost looked like a bored expression despite the fact that one of her friends had a gun pressed to the side of her neck.

Out of nowhere, Ray was on the ground, a small figure climbing on his back… the skeleton. Where the hell had he come from? I hadn’t seen him in a few days and never even thought if he was alright, now he stood, saving Adele.

I saw a shadow move out of the corner of my eye, I quickly turned around, “Don’t move!” I bellowed, pointing the gun at Mikey.

He glared at me hatefully. I ignored the aching feeling that bubbled up in my chest. I had to ignore that feeling and keep pushing myself, telling myself that this wasn’t the Mikey that I had grown up with. But the look in his eyes… God I never wanted to see it again.

“Get Jet and New into the Trans-Am, Electric will be waiting for us there. Keep them both tied up, use the vents and sneak out the way we had come,” I ordered to Frank and Adele.

They both moved around, grabbing the restraints and tying Ray and Dawn up. I kissed her forehead before I watched longingly as her unconscious body was pulled up inside the vents.

All that was now left was me and Mikey, “You gonna shoot me big brother?” Mikey hissed, walking around me in a big circle, kind of like how a predator would do with its prey.

I blinked a few time before shaking my head to clear my thoughts. I had to figure out a way to knock him out, I could never actually kill him yet my gun was still pointed to his chest. He licked the corner of his upper lip, something that he always does. My heart was in my throat, Mikey took that small distraction to charge at me, knocking me to the ground.

“Stupid,” he laughed, pointing the fallen ray gun at me.

“You gonna kill me… little brother?” I spat back at him, a hint of sadness in my tone.

“Shut up,” he growled, glaring down at me.

“Do it then, just kill me,” a tear slid down my face.

“Shut up!” He yelled, banging my head into the ground. His face went pale and he was trembling, my heart leapt hoping that was a sign that I was getting to the real Mikey somehow. So, I kept pressing, “Kill me Michael Way! Look your own brother… your own blood in the eyes and pull the fucking trigger!” I shouted.

He flinched and let out a small whimper. It was barely audible but it was there. I looked up at him, I’d cracked him. He raised the gun above my head, looking like he was going to hit me with it. Instead, he threw it across the room, jumping off of me.

I sat up, finding his lanky figure huddled up in a corner sobbing into his hands, “Mikey?” I asked cautiously picking up my ray gun that he threw, “Michael Way!” I screamed.

He let out another small whimper before locking eyes with me. I could basically see the mental struggle going on inside of his head as he fought for control. One moment the life would return to his eyes and then the next it would all drain, only to be refilled a second later.

“Give me the gun, Mikey,” I held out a hand for the gun. He slid it across the floor, Good enough, “Hands,” I demanded, pulling out a set of handcuffs that I had taken from one of the vamps.

He slowly held his wrists out towards me, not wasting a second, I locked them behind him back, “Let’s get out of here, Mikey,” I smiled softly.