Chapter Eighteen

Dawn’s P.O.V

The second I opened my eyes, I had a strong sense of déjà vu. I was in a wide and long room with other hospital beds on both sides of the room. My eyes flashed gold and I sighed as I fell into unconsciousness.

There was a chuckle and I forced my eyes open, taking a look around the room. An officer… Officer Repleh his badge read, the Director, and two other dracs stood next to my bed. I went to sit up only to find my hands and feet handcuffed. I was hooked up to a heart monitor, fear surged through my veins.

I realized that this was probably right before I had warned Gerard about the Director. I felt the old me wanting to scream and shout an endless string of curse words and thrash all over. Fire licked my nerves, rushing through my veins. I heard my voice bounce around, debating against it so that my heart rate wouldn’t increase and have a faster affect.

“I would so love to see the look on your face when what’s left of your petty parade burns. I can already see it now: the phantoms screaming, begging for mercy as fire engulfs their burning bodies. To see your precious hero’s heart beating again and then seeing the light being taken from their eyes only seconds after saying their last words. I can imagine Gerard’s being that he regretted to ever come and help you. But you, my dear, hmm… I have a very important experiment to perform on you,” she grinned.

That experiment I now know was to brainwash me and turn my life into a reality show.

I opened my eyes, another pair staring down at me. They were confused and I recognized her being the Director. She shook the feeling off and replaced it with a menacing grin, “Did you enjoy your present yesterday?” She asked, a sly smirk on her face. Yesterday? I’ve been here for an entire day?

“Fuck you,” I spat, anger burning inside me.

“I gave you a present while you were asleep and I have another one for you right now. Would you like to see it?” She asked, not really giving me an actual choice as fear boiled in the pit of my stomach but I didn’t show it, “Bring them in!”

My expression fell from my face, my mouth open. No… no, oh god no.

Mikey and Ray were being shoved into the room by a group of dracs. Ray looked over at me, his sweet voice murmuring, “You okay?”

I managed to nod my head, “You?” I asked between the two of them.

They both nodded, Ray opened his mouth to say something more but a drac punched him in the gut, cutting him off. I growled, baring my teeth. I tried sitting up, the restraints cutting into my skin and drawing blood but I didn’t care.

The Director gave an evil laugh, “Strap them down, boys.”