Chapter Eleven

Bellamy’s P.O.V

I felt the blows to her stomach and face before I even realized I was in a memory. They hit her in the most sensitive places where bruises were sure to easily pop up on my skin. She sobbed, the warm tears running down her face and into the mud. She held her hands up, trying to protect her face. I could taste the blood as well as she could. It felt like I was drowning as I choked on blood and rain.

The punches stopped as a voice sounded, “Leave. Now.” He ordered coldly. Gerard, I thought. It sounded so dangerous and extremely protective that she shivered, and not from the cold rain. She pried her eyes open through the pain in her head. Running footsteps vibrated against the ground underneath her as it grew softer and softer.

She opened her eyes to find a pair of warm arms wrapped around her, pulling her to his chest, “Are you okay?” He asked, concerned. Intense hazel eyes with flecks of gold stared down at her. It felt like they saw right through her and was actually looking at me.

The scene around me swirled and shifted, the man’s eyes being the last thing I saw before I appeared to be in my old room, “Can I see your wrist?” The same voice asked.

Her eyes widened. I remembered the scars I discovered when I was leaving Battery City, “W-what?” She stuttered.

He didn’t repeat the question, knowing that she had heard him correctly. She scooted against the wall, farther away from him. He shot her an empathetic look before sitting down across from her, whispering, “We all have scars.”

Their eyes locked with her and as if in a trance- no, her voice spoke through her head, bouncing around me. She looked away from him and said, “Oh yeah? Then show me yours.”

His eyes locked with hers once again as his face began fading away. No! No! No! Gerard!

“We’ll carry on,” the wind whispered.

My eyes shot open, as I gasped and groaned at the sudden pain. I looked around to find myself all alone, too weak to move, “Shit,” I breathed, staring up at the brightly lit desert sky. Each heartbeat I felt through my wound weighed me down, forcing me to become one with the sand.

“We’ll carry on,” I whispered, forcing myself to peel my eyes away from the sky and sit up. I crawled across the road to my bag, “Cornelius?”

There was no reply. He had left me. I took a steadying breath as I stumbled to my feet. The world tilted around me at an odd angle but I managed to get the drac’s motorcycle upright, swinging my leg over, almost falling over in the process.

 “We’ll carry on,” I repeated, taking off again towards the mountains.

Gerard’s P.O.V

“Gerard!” A tiny voice screamed. There was a tapping sound on the door of the diner. No one calls me by that name anymore.

I stood, strutting over towards the door, yanking out my ray gun from its holster. I inched towards the door on light feet, sharing a glance between Mikey and Ray, I ripped the door open and aimed the gun, ready to shoot… but no one was there. What the hell?

 “Down here!”

I looked towards the ground, falling to my knees, “Oh my god!” I smiled, picking up Cornelius, pressing him to my chest. I had no clue that he was still alive.

“Gerard, y-you have to come qui-quickly. She’s inj-jured!” He gasped, out of breath.

I frowned, “Who’s injured? Cornelius, who’s she?”

“Bella!” I turned my head to the side, not recalling a Bella. He grunted, rolling his eyes, “It’s Dawn! Dawn’s in trouble!” My face fell.

 “Dawn?” I choked, my eyes watering. He nodded frantically, “She’s alive?” I whispered.

He nodded again, “But not for long if you don’t hurry!”

I leapt to my feet, Cornelius still in my hand, “Kobra! Jet! Fun!” I hollered, holding the little guy tightly to  my chest as I ran over to the Trans Am, hopping in the driver’s seat. They all ran out and leapt into the car through the windows, questioning me as soon as I stepped on the gas.

“What’s wrong?” Ray asked. Cornelius moved into their view, the Trans Am filling with gasps. I peeled out of the mountains, asking where to head off to. Cornelius pointed down the rocky path of the mountain and I nodded, heading in that direction.

Bellamy’s P.O.V

C’mon, just a little further, I begged my body as my vision became unhelpful. I shook my head and sped up. There was movement across the heat waves that moved quickly towards me down the road ahead. As it got closer, I could vaguely recognize the outline of a Trans Am, much like Electric’s, but it wasn’t him.

Bloody hell… I can’t do this anymore. For the second time today, I felt the bike tip to the side, giving out from underneath me as I was sent tumbling through the rocks and the sand. I landed so hard on my shoulder, I cried out in pain.

I was fading in and out of darkness when I heard two car doors open and slam shut, an engine turning off. Several sounds of footsteps were audible as they rushed over to my side, “Dawn!” I heard a familiar voice. I looked up to see a man with bright red hair. I blinked hard, visibly gritting my teeth together as I pushed the blurriness away.

Even behind the mask, I recognized those beautiful hazel eyes that stared lovingly down at me. I could never forget them, “Gee?” I whispered.