TWO

[ please read author's note at the end ♡ ]

[ please read author's note at the end ]

E X P O S E D
C H A P T E R  T W O

ETHAN Dolan felt like he had his entire world in his arms.

He also felt like he had a stranger in his arms.

He had never realised how little he knew about Andrea Russett, only that she was sassy and obnoxious and mouthy, but at times she could be stubborn and at other times, she was sweet. Other than her personality, he knew nothing of her past, her family, apart from Veronica, or where she even lived, for God's sake.

For some reason though, it felt like none of it mattered.

"Are you okay? Do you need water?" was the first thing he said to her. Concern filled him- he had just given her a damn panic attack and she was still with him. Why hadn't she stormed off with her sister?

"This- this isn't a trap, is it, Ethan? I'm not about to get arrested am I?"

Her voice was as beautiful as he had imagined it to be, but that was not what made his heart skip a beat.

He pulled away from the hug, gently cupping her face with his large, warm hands. For a moment, he simply gazed at her, observing her features and taking in every imperfection and detail, like the small mole under right eyebrow or the light freckles dotted on her nose and cheeks, the ones that he wouldn't have noticed if he had been any further from her. She had long, dark hair that was undoubtedly soft to touch. Then his eyes met hers, and he forgot how to breathe. He had never seen such a deep, rich shade of brown that he simply wanted to drown in.

"Andrea, listen to me. I don't want you to get arrested, and you won't. Please, trust me on this, alright? There are no cops waiting to come out and take you to jail or anything like that. There's nothing they can arrest you for. We're both overage, right?" He paused, waiting until Andrea nodded and he was convinced he had assured her. "When I said I didn't care about you having my nudes, I meant it. I really did. I meant everything I said before I came here."

Andrea released a breath she hadn't realised she was holding. Overwhelmed was not a word strong enough to describe how she felt.

"Ethan. . . There's so, so much I need to tell you, and I want to tell you, but I'm so scared," she admitted, her voice small, and barely above a whisper.

"You don't have to tell me anything, Andrea."

"No, I do. You deserve to know all about me and. . . why I fucking blackmailed you with your nudes and. . . shit, I'm such a fucked up person," Andrea rambled and Ethan felt an ache in his heart.