SEVEN

E X P O S E DC H A P T E R  S E V E N

E X P O S E D
C H A P T E R S E V E N

ANDREA had awoken at 11:37 the next morning, with Grant in her arms, to the sweet smell of fresh pancakes.

Her initial thought was to find Ethan, which was why she pushed herself out of bed, sad to find he wasn't beside her. His apartment was relatively small and there was not much navigating to do from Ethan's bedroom to his kitchen.

In the kitchen she found Ethan eating pancakes at the table with a girl who was nearly identical to him; his sister Cameron, probably. Andrea knew of her from the rare occasion she was mentioned in videos. In the kitchen, Grayson was cooking, his back facing Andrea.

"Grayson," she breathed, her heartbeat picking up. The boy whipped around at the sound of his name being called by an unfamiliar voice. His eyes instantly grew wide, filling with shock at the sight of the girl.

"Hey," he said, a grin taking over his face. Andrea approached him, and he welcomed her in his arms. A warm feeling spread throughout her as she hugged him, though she didn't feel quite as ecstatic as she did when she first met Ethan- she had too much on her mind.

A cough forced Andrea and Grayson apart. They pulled away from each other to find Ethan looking nothing less than irritated.

"Andrea, that's my sister, Cameron," he said, pointing towards the girl who sipped on a glass of orange juice. She was beautiful, and looked just like the twins.

"Hi," Andrea smiled weakly, holding up a hand to wave at Cameron, who waved back.

"Hi, Andrea," she smiled. "I've heard a lot about you."

Andrea's heart dropped in her chest. If Ethan had told his sister everything, then Cameron probably thought that Andrea wasn't the most trustworthy person. Veronica didn't like Ethan, so why would Cameron like Andrea?

"Don't worry, it's all good things. We're cool," Cameron assured, likely noticing the panic in Andrea's face.

"Cool," Andrea chuckled nervously. Her body relaxed with relief.

Ethan cut into their conversation then.

"Do you want pancakes?" He rubbed a hand up and down Andrea's arm, concern taking over his body as he noticed how pale she was. The remainder of her eye makeup was smudged under her eyes and her hair was in a careless, messy bun. It was a sight that made Ethan's entire being ache and that scared him, that a girl had such an effect on him.

"No, thank you," she replied.

"You sure?"

"Yes."

Ethan nodded, understanding that there was no forcing her to eat. Grayson, however, apparently didn't know how to take no for an answer.