TWENTY EIGHT

E X P O S E D
C H A P T E R  T W E N T Y  E I G H T

TELL her to turn the car around. Tell her to bring you to some cheap hotel. Tell her you don't want to see Ethan or Grayson anymore.

"Andrea, I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault," Andrea murmured, her eyes stuck on the road ahead. Her hands were clenched into fists, her nails a few seconds away from piercing the skin of her palms.

Maybe her feelings for Grayson weren't real, either. Perhaps it was just the feeling of being cared about. After all, she'd never had a boyfriend. Grayson was the closest she'd had.

I never wanted Grayson anyway.

"We're here," Cameron announced. "Grayson was editing a video when I left and Ethan went on a run, so he's probably back."

"Okay," Andrea nodded. "Can I leave my stuff in your car for now? All I want is to talk to Ethan."

"Sure."

Andrea followed Cameron inside. They had just recently moved into a gorgeous, new house. It was big and spacious and it was situated far from the city beside a huge forest, which was perfect for the outdoor-loving twins.

"Ethan!" Cameron called through the whole house. She had led Andrea into the sitting room, which still had a few unpacked boxes tucked away into the corner of the room.

"What?" A muffled reply from upstairs was heard.

Relief settled inside of Andrea, knowing that Ethan was home. That meant she wouldn't have to wait for him to return and let her nerves grow. However, her stomach was already turning. She was sure the colour was all gone from her face.

"Can you come downstairs for a second? I have something to show you."

A few seconds later, they heard the thumping of footsteps hopping down the stairs until Ethan entered the room and froze as his eyes fell on Andrea. His red, bloodshot eyes. He had been crying, and it broke Andrea.

Cameron quickly left the room without another word.

"W-what are you doing here?" Ethan stuttered, a hint of anger in his voice.

"I came here to apologise."

"You came all the way to fucking New Jersey? Why?"

"Because Ethan, I fucked up big time. You didn't deserve what I did to you, but this was exactly what Grayson wanted."

"What do you mean?" Ethan questioned.

"You don't know? This was Grayson's plan. He wanted to ruin our relationship so that it could be just you and him again."

Ethan sat down, running his hands through his hair. Andrea heard him breathe a shaky breath. She made her way over and sat beside him, gently wrapping her arms around, but he pushed them off and practically flung himself to the opposite side of the room.

"No, Andrea. I meant it when I said I'm not forgiving you this time. I don't care that this is what Grayson wanted. How am I meant to trust you anymore because of what you did?" His voice broke. Andrea could tell he was fighting back tears. She was too.

"Please, Ethan, you have to understand. I always knew I wanted to be with you, and only you since the day we met."

"Then why did you make out with Grayson? If you really wanted be with only me, you wouldn't have even thought about him. Save your excuses, Andrea. I don't want to see you right now. I just... I need some space."

"I'll give you time and space, as much as you need, but I want you in my life, Ethan. Even just as a friend," Andrea pleaded.

"I need time to think about it. Can you leave, please? I- I can't look at you."

As tears fell from her eyes, she nodded, not wanting to disturb him further. She left the sitting room, calling out Cameron's name weakly until the girl appeared.

"Can you take me to a hotel, please? I don't want to be here."

Cameron nodded immediately, shooting Andrea a sympathetic look.

Andrea had been a fool. Ethan was perfect— he was everything she wanted and she ruined her chance and lost him.

4 new messages.

amaising mais

veronicunt

veronicunt

[ one more chapter to go

[ one more chapter to go. ]