TWENTY NINE

E X P O S E D
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y N I N E

ONE year later, Andrea was a barista standing in a small coffee shop that was a mere ten minute walk away from the USC college campus where she recently began to attend for psychology.

Ethan still practically lived in her mind. She wasn't sure when she'd get over him, if she ever would.

He was the reason she pushed herself to go to college, to get a job and to move to L.A.— not to see him again, but she wanted to make him proud, not lay in bed for the rest of her life and have her mental and physical health deteriorate.

She hadn't seen him once since she last saw him in New Jersey. He was on an MTV show now, which meant he was travelling between Los Angeles and New York every single week. He had come so far, and he was only nineteen; he still had so many opportunities ahead.

Maisie had moved to L.A. with Andrea, conveniently enough. A couple of months prior, she had created a beauty channel and came to the city in hopes of getting herself out there, and supporting her best friend, too. They shared a small, but gorgeous apartment near the college campus and split rent.

Andrea was pretty content with her life, but still, she undoubtedly would have been even more so if Ethan was in it. She had promised him time, however, and she was going to keep her promise no matter what.

She'd stopped texting him a long time ago, realising he'd never reply. He had unfollowed her social medias and when the fans found out, they went crazy with curiosity. Some were still playing detective a year later and trying to figure out what had happened. Some still supported Andrea, often coming to the coffee shop just to see her and it warmed her heart, despite how often she got in trouble with her boss for it.

On an average Saturday afternoon, the coffee shop was relatively empty aside from the odd customer. The L.A. weather in mid September was still warm enough for the beach, which was where everyone had flocked to, so it was no surprise.

Andrea was having a conversation with one of her co-workers who was on her lunch break when a boy walked in, with slightly short, slightly long brown hair, no streak, and warm, light, hazel eyes.

Andrea's co-worker, Casey, jerked her head towards him so that Andrea could serve him.

She froze and so did he and for a moment they did nothing but stare at each other with pain in their eyes, before Andrea cleared her throat.

"Two iced caramel lattes, right?"

Ethan nodded, surprised that she still remembered his and Grayson's favourite beverages.

"Can I get you anything else?"

"No, thanks."

"That'll be four ninety, please," she said, a soft smile on her lips, her default one she flashed at every customer. It took every fibre in her being for her to refrain from jumping over the counter and flinging herself into his arms and telling him how much she missed him.

Ethan handed her the bill and after she gave him the change, she began to work on the drinks.

He looks so good she thought. When doesn't he? But he looks a different kind of good.

He had changed, matured. He had embraced his stubble now and he looked more like twenty four, not nineteen. His style had stayed the same— he wore a branded hoodie, grey sweatpants and his signature Vans.

Andrea had changed too, but barely. Her hair was still long and dark, her makeup was still perfect and detailed. She hadn't much fashion sense to show off with her all black café uniform, however.

Ethan was still waiting patiently at the counter when she placed the lattes down for him to collect. He picked them up, but he didn't leave.

He stood there, trying to think of what to say to Andrea.

"How long have you been working here?"

Andrea's eyes widened. She hadn't expected him to speak. And if he was going to speak, she expected harsh words, reminding her of how she broke him. When she tried to reply, all that tumbled out of her mouth were unformed words as she was too shocked to reply.

"Sorry," she said, taking a deep breath. "A month. I've been working here a month."

"I never knew you moved to L.A."

"Well, now you do."

Ethan smiled lightly.

"Did you get into USC?"

"Yeah."

"Psychology?"

"You know it."

They found themselves laughing, oddly enough. Not because it was awkward; their connection was still there. All of the emotions and feelings that Ethan gave Andrea came rushing back, as if they had met for the first time.

After a pause, Ethan said, "I'm proud of you, you know."

"I'm proud of you, too. You're on that MTV show now, and you've won all these awards. I am so proud of you, Ethan, you don't even know."

"I missed you."

"I missed you, too. How are things with Gray?"

Ethan sighed, giving a weary look at the mention of his twin brother. "He is my twin brother, so I can't really avoid him, but, I mean, I still don't think I can forgive him."

Andrea nodded. She wondered if he'd forgive her, but she was too scared of the answer to ask.

"I thought about... us, and... I wanted to give you a second chance. Can we start again? No lies, or anything, just me and you."

"Really?" Andrea breathed, her voice higher than expected. She couldn't believe what she was hearing— Ethan was... forgiving her.

"Yeah, really."

"Of course I want to start again, Ethan. I'd want nothing more."

"Good. Nice to meet you, then. I'm Ethan Dolan. How would you like to join me for a date this Friday night?"

"Nice to meet you, Ethan. I'm Andrea Russett, and I would love to join you for a date this Friday night."

[ guys thank you so much for 200k on leaked. ]