TWENTY TWO

E X P O S E D
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y T W O

ALL was good between Andrea, her sister, and Ethan.

Veronica had even offered to pay for all of their food before they left, almost as a final promise of peace. It was the least she could do after all of the shit she had stirred.

A heavy tension had been lifted off of all three pairs of shoulders, and was replaced with an overwhelmingly calm relief. Andrea would no longer have to avoid eye contact with her own sister or force herself to not speak a word to her out of stubbornness.

Once they returned to the Russett residence, Andrea invited Ethan to her room, but before she could lead him there, she decided to give him a brief tour of her massive house.

There was mainly a white, modern theme throughout. The rooms on the ground floor had high walls, large windows and marble tiles. There were plenty of bathrooms, not to mention bedrooms— there was a second spare room in addition to Ethan's on the third floor, which was the top floor; a bedroom for each of the Russett sisters, and one for Kristen and Erica.

Ethan never ceased to feel impressed, especially not when Andrea revealed that her mother was an interior designer— not that he was surprised. Her step-mother was an author. Once again, impressive, even when it turned out she wrote children's books.

After Ethan's much enjoyed house tour, he was brought to Andrea's bedroom, where all her bags had been dropped off. Although it was elegant, it wasn't anything unique, yet it still brought a strange sense of home and comfort to him; perhaps because of who lived in it.

The walls were a light grey. Wispy curtains guarded the high windows. The floors were panels of white wood, and a white, fluffy rug had been placed under a king sized bed on which there was a mountain of pillows. Between two of the windows on the far side of the room, a tall mirror rested against the wall, fairy lights strung on it.

Andrea burst into a sprint towards one corner of her room where a small cage was located. Ethan's face erupted into a smile as he watched her gently pick her light brown bunny up into her arms and coo at the tiny creature, telling it how much she missed it.

Ethan crept his way over, wanting a better look at the rabbit.

"Oh my gosh, she's adorable," Ethan gasped, his eyes growing wide.

"She's named Bunny. Here, you can hold her," Andrea told him, and suddenly he was holding his arms open until Bunny was nestled there.

Ethan had chuckled at the name, unsurprised by such a name having been picked by Andrea.

Ethan soon finished his encounter with Andrea's rabbit, who was then put back into her cage. Andrea made her way to her bed, beckoning for Ethan to follow her. Once he lay down, Andrea curled into his side. He had taken out his phone after it dinged with a notification and logged onto Twitter, the one app Andrea was rather unfamiliar with.

"Hey, what's so good about Twitter? People are telling me to get it."

Ethan paused. "I guess it's just a convenient way to get your thoughts out there. It's better than uploading a photo on Instagram every time you wanna say something."

"Hm. I'm gonna make one," Andrea decided, pulling out her phone as Ethan chuckled at her impulsiveness.

She downloaded the app and began to create her account, until she found that her preferred username— andreugh— was taken.

"Damn it. It's taken. Andrea Russett probably has dozens of fan accounts, right? All of the usernames with her name in it are probably taken."

"You're right," Ethan frowned.

The next few moments were filled with silence, and Ethan and Andrea were struggling to think of names Andrea could use. Eventually, she decided on something.

"You know what? I'm done being compared to her. I just wanna be my own person, which is why I'm gonna start going by my middle name."

"Which is. . ?" Ethan questioned.

"Elle. Andrea Elle. I like the sound of that," Andrea grinned, satisfied when @andreaelle was not taken on Twitter, or on Instagram.

Once Ethan had taught her the basics of Twitter and she was relatively confident in the art of tweeting, she had to inform her Instagram followers of her widening her social platforms, so she took an old selfie, one that had been hidden away thus far, and typed out a caption.

andreaelle

Liked by ethandolan, ronnie_russett and 4,212 othersandreaelle the name's elle

andreaelle the name's elle. andrea elle (unlike james bond though elle is my middle name). also ya girl's on twitter now... same @
View all 813 comments
rosesforandrea new fanpage for andrea 🌹
graysondolan miss you
andreaelle @graysondolan miss you more
andreaelle @rosesforandrea omg WHAT yall really out here making fanpages for me 😭💞
graysons_baby I followed you!
grethandolanss Why did you switch it?
andreaelle @graysons_baby i'll follow you back!
andreaelle @grethandolanss got bored of people comparing me to the youtuber!! also @andreugh was taken on twitter 😇