In The Front Seat 1

In the front seat.

It was mine and his two year anniversary, 9th June, and I was sitting here on his lap, feeling less of a human, face screwed, face slightly feeling stiff, the nasty smell around me and the noisy environment. My man, Michael. What does he decide to do? Give me a surprise, what was it? Bring me back to his yard to spend it with his boys, betting millions of p's on a game of cards. I sat there watching them, he just laughed and held me tight. I let out a big sigh or stress, he looked at me smiled and kissed my cheek.

"AAAAHHHH MADNESS! You can't do this man!"

"BRUV! I won! You know this, aye throw the dice again." I heard. I groaned, I felt like running away, and it's our two year anniversary.

We go through a lot, basically from the beginning it has always been, "You listen and do what I say, I love you and give you what you want." That was what he told me when we started dealing, but things aren't always as easy as they sound, he does take care of me, I mean he's quite older than me, I'm only 16 this month and he just turned 19. My foster mum can't really do everything, she gets basic allowance for me which she uses for my "education", so that means no fancy clothes, no nice new hair, no money, no anything. Michael gives me all that, I never ever have to ask, that's nice from the third persons eye, but if you saw a CCTV footage of our relationship on play from a re-playing moment, it's not all that dandy. He's a manipulative and controlling person at times! He knows it, his boys know, and I know. He has a way of taking over too, and the thing were he's always right, sometimes annoyed me, but I was the quiet one, always being shouted at by my real mum, I always avoided being yelled at so I listened. Even my foster mum, many rebelled and always got sent back to the home, but I was always out because of how I was. He knew this was my weak point, I knew his but I always stayed off it. People always tell me "Oh you look so cute" "Your so lucky to have a man who fulfils your needs and that." It doesn't feel good always, it's just, well it's unexplainable.

His friends were crazy, they would sit here all day and just do nothing, I watched them ruin our day by sitting here, doing nothing. It was pathetic and it was really irritating me, Michael watched TV and kept carressed my bear thigh and was in his own world, I sighed and leaned on him, he kissed me and smiled.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, have you kinda forgot something?" I smiled, maybe he can remember that today is very special to us. He looked at me closely.

"Oh your hair? Yeah I like it, you look nice baby." He looked as Yanzy won. I sighed and watched him celebrate his victory.

"Yes lovely man like me gonna take one nice lady out tonight and treat her to a lovely restaurant, while you lot sit here and sulk I'm gone. I'm gone Michael, and Shan hope you two have a good anniversary thing man." He smiled politely and and got his hat, I smiled back, looked back slowly at Michael and slightly scrunched my face up. He slowly looked away, and all the boys started coughing and making excuses to leave. One by one I saw the back of them and it was just me and him. I kept my eyes glued to the TV.

"You alright?" I shrugged when he said that.

"Babes...talk to me init, I'm sorry."

"It's okay, I hate went you forget important things." I sighed and rubbed my head.

"I got too much on my mind, my mum's not well and how do you want me to remember everything in one." He stiffened. I slowly moved off his lap.

"Well SORR-RRY!" I said crossing my arms. He kissed his teeth.

"Is there a need for attitude,"

"Is there a need to get angry at me because I'm wondering why you forgot this day, and how was I meant to know you got shit on your plate at the moment, am I God Michael?" I said getting slightly brave. He cut his eyes at me. "Stop the smart talk in it." He said quietly. I sat back and sighed. It was quiet, he sat there flicking through sky channels, I walked in the hall way and put my shoes on and looked in the mirror, I made the effort as well. Waste of time. I went back to the living room and stood by the door, he looked at me and his facial expression changed.