In The Front Seat 7

In the front seat.

I got ready that evening, I wore a fitted white lacy dress with skin thighs and flats. I did my hair all curly and left it out, I didn't over do it, just a little eye make up and Vaseline, and put my big gold earrings in. I went downstairs and waited in the living room and watched TV. Marcus called me and decided he was going to come to my house and we would go together, which was perfectly fine by me, as long as I was safe, out of the eyes of "spies" and enjoying my self, that was great.

He soon came around 7 pm, and kept fiddling with things, and looking at Pam's framed photos of the family, he looked nice, I watched him as I fixed my hair properly, after half an hour we left and he ordered a taxi. We sat talking, and laughing, he kept trying to ask about Michael.

"So I heard your man is a controlling bustard." He said looking at me for long, I looked away and bit my lip, I hate talking about our relationship, if people are negative, especially when it's a one on one conversation. He turned my face to his softly. "Is it?" I cleared my throat.

"Excuse me, we're getting off just here." I quickly said, intending on changing the subject and focusing on the trip. "Just here Michael right?" I smiled. He sighed.

"Yeah here please." The driver looked at us through the mirror and smiled, nodding his head. He pulled up behind the cinema, and Marcus paid him. We got out and went to meet the rest round the front, I said Happy Birthday Diana, and gave her, her present. We went to this Chinese restaurant, and Marcus sat next to me and on the other side was this really loud friend I hadn't seen in a while. I smiled but felt so uncomfortable, mainly because everyone was enjoying themselves. I kept checking my phone and fiddling with it, scared he'd call and hear all the noise. I was thinking of white lies to tell.

"Are you okay?" Rachel said. I nodded quickly and smiled.

"I'm fine." I said and took a deep breath. My breathing became abnormal. I felt more animalistic than human, because of how my brain started to function, it wasn't right. Marcus came back with two plates and put mine infront of me and sat down rubbing my back.

"Here yeah, I know you love spring rolls." He smiled, he even got some sauces. I slightly smiled and ate them quietly, they were all taking pictures and I didn't smile or frown in any of them, just kept a straight face. Diane did some crazy things and screamed the place down, it made me laugh for half a minute, till my phone rang. Michael was all I saw on the screen. Marcus looked at it, then back at me.

"What do I do now?" I panicked. He looked at me and deeply sighed.

"Leave it."

"I can't. Do you know how angry he will get, he will get the next plane here if I miss a full day of his calls, I've spent this morning doing it-" I looked down, the phone had stopped ringing. I quickly got up with my phone and left our area and went downstairs into the women's toilet. I sat in a cubical and locked the door and called him back.

"Shan what the fuck? Where you been? You've been airing my calls, I was starting to worry."

"It's okay Michael, my phone died and I needed a new charger."

"What about just now-"

"Come on honey, wash your hands.." A woman said. I mouthed "Fuck" and bit my lip.

"What the fuck is that? Shan were are you? Who you with-" His voice was echoing in my ears.

"I'm just in a restaurant." I confessed. He breathed heavily. I was fiddling with my hands and wondering what he'd say, I hate it when he's mad at me. I try my best but I'm so shit at everything, so fucking shit at making both of us work hard at this relationship.