Two

Manu Rios as Nolan Hunter

Kaelin

Ayden dropped me off at home after the coffee shop catastrophe. All I could think about was poor Diane. The boys do not respect her and constantly make a mess of her adorable shop. Her pride and joy is that beautiful place and those boys want nothing more than to see it destroyed. She was overjoyed when my brother passed the 'territory' onto me, but now it has been stolen. We are going to get it back; that is a promise to both myself and Diane.

"Kaelin! You're home!" My mom smiles as she pulls me into a warm hug. I sigh into her shoulder and inhale the scent of blueberries and her vanilla perfume. "How was the game?" She asks.

I plop my bag on the floor and plop down onto the couch. "I scored two goals and assisted the last one," I smile at the memory. "Hazel tipped my shot in for the last one. The girls played very well." My heart beats happily in my chest because of the pride I feel for my team.

"That's great, Angel." My mom says. "Are you hungry?" She has called me angel since I was a baby because my hair was almost white when I was born.

"No, I think I'm going to go have a nap if that's al-" My mom cuts me off with a laugh.

"Angel, did you forget? We are having dinner at the Hunter's house tonight at five." She says. "You need a shower and I think your equipment needs some damn febreeze." She gives me another quick hug before sauntering into the kitchen, presumably to make a dessert. Due to her blueberry smell, I am assuming she had already begun making her delicious blueberry pie. My mouth waters just thinking about it.

I slowly walk up the stairs to my room. After my dad died, his company gave us a huge sum of money and a beautiful house which is amazing. My room has a balcony into the backyard, a king sized bed and a conjoined walk-in closet and bathroom. A huge TV is mounted in front of my bed, but I rarely get the time to use it with hockey and basketball practices. I'm so glad I get a break from basketball because the season is over.

I would gladly trade all the money and the house for my father back. He died when I was eight, and I don't remember him because of a severe head injury I got when I was nine. My older brother, Gage, tells me that Dad was the biggest hockey fan to ever walk the earth. He cheered for the Edmonton Oilers, just like I do. Although, the team has changed quite a bit since he died. The addition of Conner McDavid has sky rocketed the team's performance.

I twist the nob on the shower and hop in after taking my clothes off. The water soothes my tired Sunday muscles. Sunday's are game days, as well as Friday's and the occasional Saturday. My bad knee aches slightly, but it's nothing I can't handle.

After my shower, I pick out an outfit from my closet. I know I am expected to dress somewhat nice, so I pull out a black skater dress and a pair of black heels. The dress reaches my mid thighs and flares out slightly at my waist, the sleeves are 3/4 . The dress is simple, but it flatters my relatively small chest.

I pull the brush through my soaking blonde hair and whimper at the knots. My hair isn't curly, but it's not exactly straight either, so it is tangle city after showers. I swear one of these days I am going to chop it all off. I blow dry it and curl it in loose waves to my mid back. I put half of it up to look somewhat fancier. For makeup, I apply lightly with just a bit of eyeliner, mascara and blush.

When I finish, I check the time and see that it's four forty-five. I trudge down the stairs to the kitchen where I know my mom will be. She is on her phone, scrolling through what I assume is Pinterest. Honestly, she's addicted.

"Hey mom." I say as I hop onto one of the black bar stools on the opposite side of the kitchen island.

"Oh my- Kaelin you look beautiful. I'm sure Nolan won't be able to take his eyes off of you." She says with a suggestive wink while fixing a stray piece of my hair. I blush hard and look at my feet. Why does he have to be so attractive?Honestly, the guy is physically a flipping Greek God, but mentally a sack of rotten potato peels.

"I don't care," I say, although we both know I do. "He's my mortal enemy!" I cry. I grab a wooden spoon and point it accusingly at my mom. "Will you fight against the forces of big headedness with me!?" I almost die of laughter when she grab a fork and raises it to the sky.

"Yes, my daughter!" There is a moment of silence. Then we both fall on the floor laughing  ourselves sick. Every time I calm down, I picture my mom with her fork and start all over again. I love her so much.

"It's nearly five, Angel, we should go." My mom says as she wipes tears from her eyes and grabs her blueberry pie off the counter. I nod and grab my phone.

We make the short walk to the Hunter's house. My mom, chattering about what will be for dinner, and me, psyching myself up for battling Nolan. These dinners are always exhausting, and this one is going to be even worse because of the coffee shop incident. Mom knocks on the door and Nolan's mom, Ella, opens the door.

"Oh hello!" She squeals happily and pulls my mom into a bone crushing hug. They've been best friends since birth, literally. Their moms were best friends and had the two in the same hospital. Our moms tried to continue the legacy with Nolan and I, but that didn't exactly work. "I missed you Shay!"

"I saw you this morning!" My mom laughs at Ella.

"I know!"

Ella then pulls me into a hug, but a gentler one. "How's my little Kaelin?"

"Fine thanks, how are you?" I ask.
She holds me at arms distance and smiles at me.

"I'm great now that you and Shay are here!" Ella says before entering her home and inviting us in. Her home is beautiful, just like ours. Three levels and a very open concept with a huge living room and a shining marble kitchen. I'm not exactly sure where they get their money from, but they must earn a lot.

"Oh, Kaelin dear, can you go get Nolan for dinner? He's in his room." Ella says. I grit my teeth in disgust, but nod anyways and slowly walk up the stairs to his room. Is it weird that our house designs are exact copies of each other's? Or that our rooms are exactly the same? Yes, yes it is.

I knock on his door with my heart already beating quickly. He opens it with his signature smirk and arrogant demeanour. Nolan Hunter leans against his doorframe and still towers over me. He's wearing a black dress shirt paired with dark pants. A silver chain dangles from his neck, adding to his downright hotness. His deep brown hair is styled in an effortless way, but it probably took him a while to get it perfect.

What am I doing here again? Oh yeah.

"Ellasaystocomedownfordinner." I quickly say before my voice can crack. His confused face makes me laugh inside of my head. I turn around to stomp off, but freeze when his arm catches my waist and pulls me flush against his rock hard chest.

"What was that?" He deep voice whispers in my ear. Be strong Kaelin, be strong! Resist his charm (and those muscles hot damn). His hand grips my waist tighter, causing butterflies to erupt in my stomach.

I talk very slowly as if I'm talking to a stupid person, which is what he is, "Ella. Says. To. Come. Down. For. Dinner." He frowns at my tone.

I attempt to get out of his grip. It's impossible, the guy is as strong as the flipping hulk! Well, maybe not the hulk, let's say he is as strong as Captain America.

"Let go of me." I say calmly. Internally I am beginning to panic because I am stuck in place and my self control is terrible. I am three short seconds away from hurting him.

"How about no." He says in my ear. I involuntarily shiver as his lips brush my ear. Come on Kaelin, you are stronger than his stupid player charms.

"Nolan. Hunter." I say through gritted teeth. He finally lets me out of his iron grip.

I want to sprint away, but I force myself to walk slowly with him at my side. I cannot show that he has an effect on me. His gaze burns into me as we sit in our respective seats with him across from me, his father at the head of the table and our mothers beside us.

Well, this should be fun.

A/N

Hey please hit that vote button! And comment!

-Courtney

Ps. Don't forget to vote ;)