Eighteen

Kaelin

After our little show of affection at the hospital, Hannah and Ayden demanded that the boys leave so the three of us could talk. This has to be about revenge. If it is, I'm all for it. It doesn't matter to me that Nolan, Axel and Ethan had nothing to do with it, Dryden and the others need to pay for what they did to Alessia.

"I say we burn them at the stake!" Hannah says with a devious glint in her cold green eyes. I have seen Hannah mad - believe me, I have - but never like this. She is honestly radiating fury. "No! Better yet, let's cut out their eyes and use them as fucking hockey pucks!"

"Hannah!" Ayden grabs Hannah's arm and pulls her back onto the couch in the empty waiting room. Their are different waiting rooms for each section of the hospital, so the girls and I were able to find an empty psychiatry waiting room. Even the receptionist is on break.

Ayden sighs, "Why don't we just humiliate the shit out of them? Like beating them or something."

That's when it hits me. Our game with them isn't for weeks, but this game doesn't have to be on ice...

"Road hockey," I say leaning forward, "we'll challenge them to a game of road hockey. When we win, we get our shop back and Alessia gets to punch Dryden."

Hannah smiles mischievously at me. "It's perfect!"

//

"What the fuck?" Axel says while looking at Ayden. The boys came and joined us in the psychiatric ward. "When you girls lose, that will give them even more confidence to try something like this again... I don't want you hurt."

Ayden rolls her eyes. "Bitch I'm not going to lose. Besides, if we lose, then we will just beat the shit out of Dryden."

Hannah nods and turns to me. "We're trying to go with the slightly less violent option, isn't that right, Kaelin?" I smile and look over at Nolan, who has been relatively quiet. When we introduced our idea he almost seemed angry that we would have the audacity to want revenge.

"Yes." I answer shortly.

"No," Nolan places his hand on my thigh. My heart rate immediately jumps. He makes me feel like my body is a live wire. "I will not let you get hurt."

"Well it's not up to you dickwad." Hannah growls. I can see Ethan trying to hold in a laugh. I myself am nearly laughing as well.

"Fine!" Nolan yells. "If you want to get hurt and have your chance in the playoffs destroyed, them be my fucking guest Kaelin!" Then he storms off and slams the door to the waiting room.

Ruin our chance at playoffs? We have been working all year towards them, we're hoping that this is our year but if one of us were injured it would be game over. However, we cannot just let Dryden get away with what he did. The playoffs are weeks away anyways and a broken bone will be a small price to pay. Standing up for Alessia means more to me than just hockey. Us girls stick together, during hockey and outside of it. And I'll be damned if I don't beat the shit out of Dryden for hurting Alessia.

Fucking coward.

"Axel, I'll leave it to you to tell your team when and where." I say before standing up and leaving the waiting room.

I find an empty hallway and just sit for awhile, trying to get my mind off of Nolan. I still haven't sorted my feelings for him - is it lust or love? It would be an easier question to answer if he weren't so hot. Ugh. Struggles.

I run a hand through my hair and place my face against my thighs. When did life become so complicated? I miss just hockey, plain and simple. No drama no this no that. Just. Hockey.

A sharp pain in my scalp jolts me back to reality. I attempt to scream but a large hand clamps over my mouth. I flail around as I'm dragged to my feet by my hair. I attempt to catch a glimpse of my attacker but I can't see anywhere except forwards. There is definitely more than one of them.

They steer me towards a closet door and shove me in. I growl in pain as my head hits a shelf. The door shuts, but there is a bit of light coming from a dull bulb above my head. I gently rub my head and look up at my captors.

Dryden and two other boys that I do not recognize stand above me. Dryden has a devilish smirk on his face.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" I snarl. I slowly get to my feet with the help of the wall. My head pounds with each frantic beat of my heart. I don't have a chance against them.

Dryden leans slightly closer to me. "Well, we heard that you were here and decided it was your turn for a visit." His fist comes flying at me before I can block it. He jabs my stomach causing pain to erupt in my abdomen. I grab my stomach and double forward in pain.

"This is about more than just hockey, Kaelin, you know that, don't you?" One of the unknown boys says.

My eyes shoot up. What? If it's not about hockey then what the actual fuck is it about?

"Who are you? And what do you want from me?" I manage to say without vomiting.

"I'm Reed and this is Chase, we're here about your father and, more importantly, Nolan's dad." Reed says. Reed is a muscular, hot, fuckboy-looking person. He has sandy blonde hair and black eyes.

"Wh...What?" I mumble. My father? Nolan's father? What does that have to do with any of this?

"Look, you're coming with us, and we can do this the hard way or the easy way." Chase says. I assess each of them quickly, each are muscled and could probably take me on their own. I can't give up. I don't know what they're going to do to me but it can't be good.

"Go to Hell." I lunge for the door only to be grabbed around the waist and pulled back. I squirm but Dryden has about fifty pounds on me at least.

"Let go of me-you Bastard!" I scream. Chase shoves a white cloth to my face which makes me very dizzy. I can feel my mind slipping between the cracks of reality. I fight to stay awake but I slowly lose all of my energy and slump into Dryden.

What's going on?

Dad, what have you gotten me into?

A/N

As usual, I'll apologize for this taking so damn long but school is demanding and so are my sports. Anyways, I hope you liked it. There is definitely more to this story than hockey so stay tuned my lovely readers!

By the way, thank you so so so much for all the support I've been receiving, it means the world to me!!!

-Court