Three

Dylan Jordan as Axel Andrews

Kaelin

Tension. Oh the tension that hovers between Nolan and I. Our parent talk like everything is fine.

For them it is.

"So Kaelin, how's your hockey team doing?" Nolan's dad, Rick, asks me. I quickly spit out at an answer.

"Great, we won our last game against the Cougars three to two." I say. I take a sip of water to somewhat to try and hide my face from Nolan's piercing gaze. It doesn't work.

"How many points did you get?" Rick asks.

"Two goals one assist." I say.

"Well that's good!" He exclaims at looks at Nolan. "He only got one point in his last game and it was an assist." Nolan rolls his eyes but keeps his mouth firmly shut. Finally he looks at me with his amazing amber eyes.

The tension between us is back. I just want to break his neck and shove his hockey stick down his throat. Then, I'm going to cut his eyes-

"Kaelin? Anyone home?" Ella laughs. I shake my head a little to look at her. She is the exact opposite of Nolan and Rick. Dark blonde hair and dull blue eyes.

"Pardon?" I smile sweetly. I can see my mom's pleasure when I don't say 'what?'. Maybe my manners are improving.

"I asked if you wanted any more," Ella says while gesturing to the pie. I shake my head.

"No thanks."

There is a lengthly pause before, "Why don't the grown ups go talk?" Rick suggests. Both mothers nod. They leave the room and I'm stuck with Nolan.

"You better give me my fucking shop back." I snarl. He smirks at me.

"No," He says. "I like it. We'll keep it." Before I can retort, he grabs his plate and places it in the sink. I sigh and do the same. I turn around to go back to the table for my phone when I crash into his body. Oh my flipping cheesecake!

His hands land on my waist to steady me.

"Watch where you're going." Is all he says. I turn to grab my phone off the table. Where is it? I'm sure I left it right on my chair.

"Looking for this?" Nolan smirks as he waves my phone in the air. No! Not my precious iPhone 7! Please no!

"Give that back you little-" I begin but a stern shout from my mother interrupts me.

"Language Kaelin!"

I furiously sprint up the stairs. My mom gave that little jerk a head start! Nolan is always stealing my stuff. Anything of mine he could get his nasty fingers on.

I sprint down hallway and open his bedroom door. The room is a disaster, that much is true. Clothes and video game controllers litter the floor. His blankets are off his bed. Wind blows through his open window.

Oh god no.

I scramble to his window and poke my head out. There, in MY room is Nolan. He must have, like he's done one million times before, crawled out of his room and onto his balcony, then hopped the small railing. It's only about a rulers distance from my balcony. Then I realize I forgot to lock my balcony doors.

The nerve of him!

I move to open his balcony door, but they don't budge. I push again but to no avail. A knocking catches my attention. It's Nolan waving the key with a smirk. It's locked from the outside!

I sigh in agitation and walk to his door, only to find it closed and locked as well. How the hell did he do that!? He can't possibly have made it to his room and back that quick. I get my answer when an equally hot and annoying boy waves to me from my room.

Axel Andrews.

Of course he's in on this. I bang on his door and glare daggers at them. What are they doing? Fuck! They're going through my phone!

Okay, I'm not a bad person. I don't send nudes or anything like that, but when you have tons on conversations about revenge in the hot guys from the King's hockey team, it's a little more serious. I see Axel snickering at something.

I wish Ayden or Hannah were here... Nolan has Axel, I should get one of my assistants.

Then it hits me. I'm in Nolan Hunter's room. He won't be able to stand someone going through his stuff. I smirk evilly and skip to his beside table. The first drawer has soda cans and candy wrappers and all sorts of garbage. Ugh, come on.

The second drawer has a small sheet of paper. I pull it out and stare at it. The only thing on it is a phone number. The problem? It's my phone number. I sigh and put it back where I found it.

Finally, I decide to take a nap on his bed. Gross, I know. I'm tired from my hockey game and the mental stress of fighting Nolan all the time. I curl up overtop of the blankets and close my eyes wearily. So warm.

"Dude, she's asleep on your bed." A voice chuckles from behind me. I must have actually fallen asleep. I feel drowsy. Sleep why did you have to leave me?

"I can't say I would have imagined Kaelin Summers to ever look cute." Nolan says. His signature smirk is plastered across my eye lids. Ugh, I hate him. "I mean, she's smoking hot but I never thought that a tough girl like her could look cute."

"She would kill us if she knew we were talking about her being cute." Axel laughs.

"Definitely." Nolan says. His hand brushes my cheek. Tingles explode throughout my body from his gentle caress. "Have you gotten far with Ayden?"

"I wish." Axel mumbles. "The entire girl's team hates us with a passion."

"To bad," Nolan says, still caressing my cheek. "They're all so hot."

I almost snort, but manage to contain myself. I need to hear this. If they have any plans for us I need to know. I have to protect my team.

"Well, I need to go. I'll see you later, call me if you ever want to prank her again, it was fun. And the conversations on her phone were funny. Now we know what they're planning." Axel says. I can see his mischievous smirk in my head.

Also, now I have to rethink our entire revenge plan. I could strangle them both.

"Bye, I will. We'll be ready for them when they come." Nolan says. Axel leaves the room, and it's just Nolan and I. My heart rate accelerates at the thought of us being alone.

I pretend to yawn and slowly stretch my arms up with my eyes closed, giving him a chance to get away from me. I can believe all of the information I just heard. I guess I'm cute and hot. Yuck.

"Get off my bed loser." Nolan says.

"Give me back my phone asshole." I retort while opening my eyes. He stands a few feet away from me with his arms crossed over his chest. My gold iPhone 7 still captive in his hand.

"I like it." He smirks. He totally saw the group chat of us talking about how annoyingly hot they all are. Kill me. Please.

"I like it to, that's why it's mine." I say while standing up. I glare at him, even though I only reach his chest.

I'm not short. I've never been called nor felt short in my life. But this damn hockey player was so tall I wanted to punch him. Girl problems!

"Hey why don't we go play some road hockey?" He suggests with a smirk. His eyes sweep over my form once again.

The answer comes as both of us come to the same conclusion, "You're in net!"