Sixteen

Kaelin

Nolan's lips are inches from mine. His minty breath fanning my face. I can't believe I just said that. I am unable to see his eyes, but I imagine that they are full of surprise. It wasn't a day ago where I was telling him to fuck off, and now I'm asking him to kiss me.

I definitely have issues.

"Are you sure you want that?" He whispers in my ear.

I can't control the urge to taste those lips anymore. I press my lips against his, slowly and hesitantly. It's not my first kiss, not by far, but it's the first one that actually feels like it means something.

I feel his hair in my fingers and his burning hot skin. His hands are still firmly around my waist, one slightly creeping downwards.

He slides his tongue across my bottom lip. I know what he wants. However, I'm not sure if I should let him - it's always fun to tease the boy.

Nolan will not take no for an answer. He contours to pester my lips. Finally I open my lips to him.

He tastes like mint.

I want to hold onto this moment. Right now it is just him and I. Together.

We continue to make out, before we hear Mason's loud pounding on the door.

"Time's up!"

Nolan groans in frustration before moving away from me. I take several deep breathes, my body still processing what just happened.

Nolan opens the door with a casual smirk. He whispers something to Mason, who almost growls a reply back at Nolan.

I smooth my fair down and walk out of the closet. I hear Mason's footsteps behind me.

"Did you actually?"

I ignore him and continue walking down the hallway.

"Kaelin. Fucking. Answer. Me." He snarls.

I hear his loud heavy footsteps right behind me, but choose to ignore them. I squeak out a noise of surprise when he grabs my arms and pulls me to him.

He stares into my eyes, burning through my very soul. I feel uncomfortable and I wish he would stop. My brain needs time to process what just happened with Nolan, and this isn't helping.

"Kaelin, baby, did you kiss the son of a bitch?" Mason whispers in my ear.

"Uh... I..."

"He isn't the man you need." Mason says while running his hand down my side. My breath hitches.

"M-Mason..."

"Are you guys coming for desert?!" I hear my mom yell from downstairs.

Saved by the fucking bell. I sigh in relief.

I open my mouth to reply but Mason beats me to it.

"No thanks Mrs. Summers! Kaelin and I are full!" He smirks at me. My heart flutters when he gently runs his hand through my hair.

I seriously don't know what's going on with me.

My mom yells back a reply which sounds something like an "okay!".

Where the fuck did Nolan go? I seriously need someone to get me away from Mason ASAP. I honestly don't have my feelings sorted out and am having trouble separating love from lust.

"Did you kiss him?"

I glare at him but don't say a word. His face hardens and I don't like the look of those stormy hazel eyes.

Without warning, he grabs my wrist and pulls me into my room. He shuts the door behind us before turning to me.

"Answer me, Kaelin." His voice is silk on steel. I gulp and take a quick step back.

"Y-yes..." I barely whisper. I don't why I suddenly feel embarrassed - like what I did was wrong or something. Mason and I aren't dating so why do I feel so... guilty?

Several minutes of complete silence. I can hear the faint murmur of voices from downstairs and the wind blowing through my open window.

"Kaelin." Mason is right in front of me now. "Kaelin." He gently tilts my chin up to look at his red face. He is furious. "Wether you realize it or not, you are mine. You will never ever kiss or talk to Nolan again. Got it?"

I stare at Mason with my mouth wide open. What the actual fuck? Does he think he can talk to me like that. Let's get one thing straight: I am not a fucking possession and I won't be treated like one. All of these boys are saying that I belong to them, when not one of them has asked me out.

I shove Mason away from me. He staggers back and hits the wall. The look on his face shows surprise and genuine confusion. He's probably wondering why I didn't say, "Yes! Anything for you master!".

"I am not a fucking toy. I am not yours and I sure as hell am not going to stay away from Nolan. However," I glare at him. "Neither of you has even asked me out before "claiming" me. So until you guys are ready to grow a pair, do not expect that I will restrain myself around other guys..."

He opens and closes his mouth several times, even scratching the back of his neck.

I sigh and point meaningfully at the door. "Why are you still here? Get the fuck out of my room!"

He walks out of the room like a puppy with his tail between his legs. It's amazing what a good telling off can do. These boys have no manners, and until they learn some, I am not going to waste my time on them.

//

A week later and I have been completely ignoring Ayden, Nolan and Mason. Ayden hangs out with some art kids that she's friends with. We do not talk to her. Not at practice, not at school and not through texting.

"Miss Summers?" A high, pitchy voice says from the front of the room. I slowly look up at my Spanish teacher.

"¿Sí?" I reply with a lazy pronunciation. I'm so tired and all of theses feuds are not helping.

She gives me a scowl, but it's instantly replaced with a smile when Hannah puts her hand up. I owe Hannah one. I don't really pay attention to what Hannah says. I am too focused on getting home and seeing my brother for the first time in six months. The clock just won't tick fast enough.

When the bell finally rings, Hannah and I make our way to our lockers which are conveniently right beside each other.

I stumble a little when I see Ayden leaning against my locker. What is she doing? If she's looking for more trouble, I am not willing to give it to her. I'm tired as fuck and am not in the mood.

I walk up to her and raise an eyebrow.

"Kaelin..." She whispers, I faintly notice that her eyes are shining with tears. I glance at Hannah, who's face is clouded with worry. "I just want to say I'm really sorry for everything I did to you and-and..." She chokes up and silent tears stream down her cheeks.

Something is terribly wrong - Ayden never cries. Ever.

"Ayden what's wrong?" Hannah asks.

"It's-It's Alessia... She's in the hospital."

A/N

Okay this tool me way longer than it should have but school has been very tough lately and I hope you guys can try to understand. I love you all so so so much!

Please vote and comment :)

-Noni