Nine

Kaelin

Hannah and I decided to hang out before the party to get ready together. She is going with Jacob, another member of the football team.

"Ahhhh I'm so excited!" Hannah screams.

"Let's do our makeup!" I say. I grab my speaker and blast music through it. We sing our hearts out to some Chainsmokers hits. And, embarrassingly enough, some Justin Bieber. We do each other's makeup and hair, deciding to surprise each other. We will also be picking out each other's dresses.

I do Hannah's makeup first. To compliment her amazing green eyes, I use black eyeliner, mascara and gold eyeshadow. I cover face her with makeup and do her lips a nude shade. Next, I curl her hair into tight ringlets and pin her hair loosely back, leaving a few pieces to frame her face.

Her dress is dark red with an open back. It's tight and goes to her mid thigh. She looks gorgeous.

"Okay, open." I say. Her eyes flutter open. Her eyes go wide and she smiles.

"I look... Beautiful." She says.

"Hell yeah you do." I grin. She stands up and gestures for me to sit. I take one last look at my natural complexion before closing my eyes. Time to make me look half decent.

After prodding and pulling, and her burning my ear at least twice, she finally removed her hands from my face.

"Alright Kaelin, open your eyes." Hannah says.

When I open my eyes, I'm not staring at myself. I am staring at a fierce woman who's eyes are as cold as ice and her face more determined than a leopard on the prowl. Her cheekbones are sharp and her hair is loosely curled to her mid back. It takes me a minute to realize that this girl is me. I'm wearing a black off the shoulder crop top and a short black skirt. My hair is done the same way as Hannah's.

"Hannah..." I say, searching for the right words. "This is amazing."

"Aww thanks." She says. We hug each other tightly.

"Promise me that no matter what, we will always be best friends, we will always be there for each other and we will always choose each other over any guys." I say.

"I promise, Kae, I promise." She says. I smile into her shoulder.

The doorbell rings, causing us both to jump apart.

"I guess our dates are here." I grin.

"No shit Sherlock." She laughs and grabs her clutch. I grab my purse and we head down the stairs. My mom stands in the doorway, staring down two very nervous looking guys. As soon as I reach the top of the stairs, I'm able to hear their conversation.

"... And if you ever even think about breaking their hearts I will cut off both of your di-" I cut my mom off before she continues.

"Mom!" I cry as I hurry down the stairs in my black heels. She turns and smirks at me, her blonde hair is pulled into a tight bun, but a few strands are left to frame her face. I have to say, even though my mom is nearing her forty-forth birthday, she still looks beautiful.

"What? I'm just letting them know what I will do to their dic-"

"Ella!" Hannah screams. My mom chuckle in amusement.

"Anyways, you two girls go have fun." With that, my mom practically skips off. I love my mom.

I push open my door a little more to reveal two slightly nervous guys, Tristan and Jacob. Tristan's jaw drops when he sees me. I blush as he takes me in from head to toe.

He looks nice, in a grey button down shirt and those light brown pants that all guys seem to wear. Over top he has his sports jacket.

"Kaelin you look beautiful." Tristan says, his eyes clouding with lust. I smile a little.

"Well," Hannah says. "Now that you two are done eye raping us, can we go?" I giggle at their embarrassment.

"My lady." Tristan grins and holds out an arm for me.

"Kind sir." I reply with a British accent. I take hold of his arm and he walks me to his car. Hannah and I sit in the back seat and our dates are in the front.

"Hannah this car is beautiful." I whisper in her ear. It's a matte black mustang GT.

"I know, why can't it be my date?" She replies. I laugh so hard tears form in my eyes. The guys look at us confused.

"Hey this is my song!" I scream as We Own the Night by The Wanted comes on. Hannah and I scream the lyrics as we pull up to Tristan's house. Weirdly, he left it unattended while he came to get us. He must really have faith in who he invited to not burn the house down.

We all get out of the car and walk into the party. Neon lights flash everywhere and horny teenagers are grinding on each other almost everywhere. The floor is littered with red cups, bottle, cans and- okay, I don't even want to know what that is. It reeks of alcohol and sweat, but I don't mind it.

"Do you want a drink?!" Tristan yells to me over the excessively loud music. I give him a quick nod. Jacob and him walk off towards a table of drinks.

"Let's dance!" I exclaim excitedly to Hannah. She nods and we make our way to the centre of the dance floor.

Tristan and Jacob clearly forgot about our drinks. As soon as we hit the dance floor they quickly made their way towards us.

"By the way Kaelin, that outfit looks great on you." Tristan smiles. He runs a hand gently down the side of my arm. A shiver travels down my spine.

"You're not so bad yourself Tristan." I blush. His smile is so charming that I want to melt into a puddle right here.

A new song comes on with heavy bass and electric chords. Hannah smiles at me as she grabs Jacob's hand. They are such a such a cute sight.

I start to sway my hips to the music. Before I know it, Tristan's hands are on my waist and I'm grinding against him. I guess he is one of those horny teenagers.

When the song ends, Tristan grabs my hand and leads me over to the drink table. We do several shots together, before I settle for a hard iced tea. I sip the cold liquid from the can as Tristan eyes me. Or should I say my body?

I set my can down and slowly walk over to him. I have the urge to kiss those perfect lips and see how they feel against my own. I wrap my arms around his neck. In return, his arms enclose around my waist. He pulls me impossibly close so our foreheads are pressed together.

"You know I've always wanted to kiss you." Tristan says.

"Likewise." I say back. I feel a bit tipsy, definitely sweaty and somewhat tired. His hands move up and down my sides. He places his face in the crook of my neck and places soft kisses along my neck. He reaches my jaw.

"Just kiss me Tristan." I say breathlessly. His lips finally find mine. I smile into our kiss. His tongue traces my bottom lip, asking for permission. I keep my lips firmly shut to tease him.

I squeal in surprise when his hand finds my butt. He takes this opportunity to put his tongue in my mouth. However, his hand stays firmly on my butt. If I wasn't so drunk I might scold him for it, but I am drunk. My thoughts are fuzzy and my brain can't process the fact that I'm kissing Tristan Waters.

I jump in shock when Tristan's hands are ripped off of me. I gasp when I see the situation at hand. Nolan has both of his hands on Tristan's shirt collar and has him pinned to the wall.

"Nolan stop!" I scream as the first punch hits Tristan in the stomach.