Twelve

Kaelin

Once I'm back, you will be my girl again. And anyone that gets in my way will be taken care of.
-Mason

No. Mason moved away a year ago to go to some school for elite athletes. I never thought he was coming back. My heart pains to run to him and jump into his arms. And yet, I want to slap him for breaking my heart.

You might be confused. I don't blame you; it's a confusing story. But I have the time to explain it.

Mason Stone and I met in freshman year. We both played hockey and basketball, so we saw a lot of each other. Eventually, we started talking - not much just a few words here and there. Then one day in biology, he started talking to me. We easily hit if off, talking about sports and our futures. It was amazing. So when he asked me to be his girlfriend I had no problem saying yes and jumping into his muscular arms.

We dated for one year until he told me he was leaving. Over text! That is not how you break up with your girlfriend of one year. I was heart broken. Distraught. My hockey team had to put me back together from the pieces that he left behind.

I reply to Nolan's message with a firm, 'GO. FUCK. YOURSELF.'

I can't bring myself to say anything to Mason. What would I say? Okay sounds great see you soon?! No. No. No. And what did he mean by taken care of?

Why do the hot, possessive guys always get attracted to me? Universe please give me a cute nerd who won't go ape shit on anybody that comes near me.

With all this buzzing through my head, I decided to leave it for tomorrow and place my phone on my nightstand.

I close my eyes and dread the upcoming days.

//

I wake up to the ear piercing yell of a guy. I jump up, only to have my face smacked with a gooey substance. I open my mouth to yell but a bucket of ice cold water is dumped on my head. I scream and desperately try to get the goo off my face.

"WHAT IS THIS FUCKING SHIT!" I scream while clawing at my face. I can hear laughter all around me. Finally I get the gooey shit off my face. I open my eyes and find myself staring into Nolan's captivating eyes. Beside him are Axel, Ayden, Ethan and Hazel.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" I scream. My 'friends' continue laughing. Overfilled with rage I lunge at the nearest person which happens to be Nolan. I knock him to he floor and pin him. I have a feeling he's letting me pin him.

I notice how soaking wet I am. With an evil grin I wrap my arms around Nolan's neck, and effectively soaking his shirt. He immediately stands and tries to shake me off.

"Kaelin get off!" He yells. A pair of arms yank me off of him.

"Feel my pain Nolan." I growl before turning on Ayden and Hazel. "Why the hell are you helping these three?"

Ayden looks at Hazel beige shrugging. "They said they wanted to prank you, and I said we were in."

Deep breathes, Kaelin. In. Out. In. Out. Don't punch her in the nose. Don't slap Hazel so her cheek is as red as her hair. Don't Kaelin.

"Anyone who's not Hannah get out of my house. Right. Fucking. Now." I say calmly. My breaths are still heavy.

All of them sport the "oh shit she's mad" look of panic. Then, like the cowards they are, they all sprint from the room. I have bigger problems than them. Like Mason. And school.

"Hannah get up." I say, shaking her shoulder. Miraculously, she slept through my screaming and getting a bucket of cold water splashed onto her.

"No." She mumbles.