Fifteen

Kaelin

"Mom!" I yell while nearly tackling her in a hug. I take in her familiar rose scented perfume while she hugs me back. I remember when I got mad at her for switching perfumes because this one made her "smell like a princess". How I knew what a princess smelt like, I'll never understand.

"You're home early," she says before adding in a whisper. "You look beautiful, I can see why those two are all over you."

I freeze before yelling, "MOM!" And covering my face in embarrassment. She know just how to make me squirm in front of everybody. Unfair!

"Hey Nolan, how's the hockey team doing?" She asks him with a smile.

He gives Mason a look, but before I can decipher it, he looks back at my mom. "Alright, I guess, we won our last game seven to zero, I got a hatrick."

My mom nods in approval before shifting her gaze to Mason. "Mason?" She steps closer and inspects his face. "Mason Stone? The boy who broke my baby girl's heart?"

Nolan gives Mason a smirk, probably realizing that Mason is going to get in shit for breaking my heart. Hell, she got mad at Nolan for refusing to come over for dinner one time because he had hockey practice. She literally went to his practice and brought him to my house for dinner. I was mortified.

"Not intentionally, Mrs. Summers," Mason says. "I moved away a year ago to go to Trendier Academy. I finished a year there before I came back. I didn't have a chance to say goodbye to her."

"Well," my mom looks him up and down. "I guess those years did you well-"

"MOM!" I scream while jumping in between her and Mason. My back is pressed firmly against Mason's front as I attempt to shove my mom away before she says anything else embarrassing. She winks at me and walks up the stairs to her room. I'm so relieved that she's gone that I don't see or feel Mason's hand fall on my waist.

Nolan does.

"How about we watch the hockey game!" He blurts enthusiastically and plops down on the couch. I grin and sit down beside him. Mason grumbles something under his breath but takes a seat beside me.

"Who's playing?" Mason says while pulling his phone out of his pocket.

"Boston and Montreal!" I exclaim.

Nolan sets the remote down and looks over at me. "Are we taking bets on who will win?"

"I do that all the time, is there anything else we can bet on?" Mason grumbles.

"We can bet on OT, the score or how many goals a certain player will score." I say, but my mind is already calculating my predictions of this game. It's something Gage got me into, he trained me and educated me to know odds and if players have been having a good season and what that means for them and the score. It took me years get right. When I finally did, Gage bought me a hockey themed ice cream cake.

I miss him.

"What do you say, Kaelin?" Mason asks which snaps me out of my deep thought.

"Sure." I say without thinking. Definitely not my best plan, but, hey, I was trying to distract from them from the fact that they caught me in deep thought. And that I'm slightly red from embarrassment.

"Actually?" Nolan laughs. "You are full of surprises kitten."

What did I agree to?

//

The score is 3-1 for the Bruins, and Mason is not happy about that. Nolan is looking very smug, but I still don't know what the bet was about and I don't want to ask. I'm not going to admit that I wasn't listening.

"Only one period left," Nolan grins. "Are you nervous, Mason?"

"N-no." Says a very sweaty and discomfortable looking Mason. He is nervous, but I still haven't worked out what the bet is. I should just ask. I'll just say I was too focused on the hockey game or something

"So, I was to busy watching the hockey game, what is this bet?" I ask, shifting my gaze between them.

"Whoever wins gets eight minutes in a closet with you." Mason grumbles.

Nolan gives me a smirk before saying, "Alone."

Haha. WHAT. "Wait, wait, wait." I say. "What do I get if I win?"

"We bet on which team would win, so you get nothing." Mason says. I frown and look back at the TV. The thought of eight minutes in a closet alone with either of them makes my palms damp and my knees shaky.

Why didn't I just swallow my pride and ask them what the bet was before agreeing!?

Because you're an idiot.

Oh shut up.

€£¥

The buzzer goes, signalling the end of the game. Boston won, 4-2, making Nolan the winner. And Mason is down right pissed.

"This was a stupid bet!" Mason growls while looking at me. There is something in his eyes, I can't quite tell what it means.

Nolan just runs a hand through his hair. "Jealous, are we?"

Mason grumbles something and leaves the room. Nolan and I share a glance before following him out.

The closet he chooses is my brother's old walk-in closet. It's practically a little room in here, and I can see why Mason chose it. If Nolan and I don't want to, we will not touch each other at all.

However, the look on Nolan's face suggests that he really wants to touch me.

"Eight minutes." Mason says while setting a timer on his phone. "Starting now."

I gasp when Nolan grabs my hand and yanks me into the room. Mason begrudgingly shuts the door behind us. It's pitch black in here, I can't see my own hand.

His hand. It's on my back and his other hand is on my hip. I gasp in a breath,  not knowing what to do.

"Nolan?"

"Yes, kitten?"

"Can I ask a favour of you?" I whisper.

"Anything." His breath tickles my ear, making me even shakier than I was before.

"Kiss me." I breathe.

A/N

YES. I know it's short but I've been in school lately and I'm updating as much as I can. Thanks for understanding :)

-Noni