Dreaming is for the Sad

Toby.
You were catching feelings for him like butterflies in a net that only made you sicker as they flutter in your stomach each time you saw him.
Last night you had a dream.
You were sitting in front of Toby, and he was playing with your hair. You let him, though it was kind of weird. Then you tried to run your fingers through his hair, but just as you did, his head fell clean off. It fell into your lap, and you screamed. You put it back on his shoulders apologizing... You looked back at his face, and... It wasn't his face. It was someone completely different!
"Who are you? Where is Toby?" you asked.
"I am Toby."

You woke up. Dreams and the logic that comes with them.
You thought to yourself.

You sit up in you're bed and look at your phone.

5:59 a.m.

You lay back down and rubbed your eyes. This might be a long week.

The day was cold. But the weather was nice. It wasn't too sunny. It was nice for a walk.

As you walked through the woods in your small town, you looked up at the dead trees. The leaves crunched below your feet, and there was an occasional breeze. You sat below a tree and messed around with your tangled earbuds for a while. After no success in untangling them, you put them down beside you. There they flutter. The butterflies. You stood up to walk around some more. Right as you were almost home, you remembered the earbuds you left by the tree. You rolled your eyes at yourself and turned around to get them back.

As you walked through the trees, you heard something else walking around. You stopped and felt your face light up, as Toby appeared between two trees. You smiled and felt light-headed and waved nervously. Not being too annoying. He smiled and walked towards you, you tapped his shoulder and told him about the dream you had. He laughed and pulled an earbud from his ear and leaned in towards you.
He didn't hear the first time. .-.
"You were in my dream last night," you said.
He laughed and put it back in. And then waved goodbye.
You felt your knees go weak. Honestly, that was weird. You just wanted to talk to him... But. To tell someone that they were in your dream is unusual. You just felt embarrassed. Especially since he didn't ask what it was about or stayed longer to talk with you. You just looked down and went on to get your earbuds.