Just Follow The Echo Of My Voice

"Alright. Would you like the good news or bad news first?" The nurse asks. You look down.
'Bad. So that the good news will clean it all up.' you thought to yourself.
You look at the nurse.
"Bad News. "
"Alright... The blood results have come up with a negative response. Your blood has uneven levels of red and white blood cells. Meaning. Not really enough white blood cells to... Fight off an infection."
You feel your face flush.
"And what does that mean?" you ask.
"It means... Well, there is very little to be done about it in this particular case. It seems you have a life threatening infection that is moving faster than your body can fight it off. Your life expectancy at this point in seven days. I'm sorry, but.. You're dy... ing..."

You feel your stomach drop. Your head drops too.
"What is good about This though, is that we work with patients in these situations all the time. We have the tools and knowledge to help you. This is a facility for strange beings after all so I wouldn't lose hope. And your case here is strange indeed." he says as his hands fold together. He smacks his lips...
"Now. . now that I think about it. This really could be good news or bad news depending on you. But with your urine samples... You're pregnant. So.. Congratulations?" he said.
You gave him a dirty look.

"I'll give you time alone. The doctor will come in with more information regarding your situation." He stands up and leaves the room. Before closing the door,

"Do you need anything?" he asks.

You just keep your head down and feel your body shake. You felt like everything in your body was breaking down. Not only physically but emotionally as well.
The peachy doctor from earlier came in with a clipboard. She smiled at you.
"Awe, darling. Everything is going to be okay."
She takes a seat where the nurse sat. She leans forward to give you the hint to look at her.
You lift your head and make eye contact.
"I need to ask you two yes or no questions," she says, looking at you.
"Do you want to live?"
"Yes," you whisper. What kind of a question was that? I don't know maybe people wanna die here. I don't know!
"Would you like to keep your fetus?"
You look around.
"Baby?"
"Yes. You are pregnant. Would you like to keep your baby?"
Your head began to spin.
'am I pregnant?' you thought.
"Yes. You are. " the doctor said.
You look up at her. She heard your thoughts
"Y-you..?"
"Yes. Yes." she says smiling at you.
You gulp air. She can read your thoughts.
What was this place?
You feel yourself go dizzy.
Your vision starts getting darker.
You blink a couple of times. But everything just goes black as you feel yourself fall onto the pillow.

You hear Toby's voice saying your name. It was echoing. 

"Toby?" managed to say. Your voice echoed too. The light became visible again.

"Follow my voice!" Toby yelled. 

Then everything was dark again. Out cold.

You come to, vision now blurry. You hear a knock from in front of you but can't gain the energy to speak towards it. Then you hear the door creak open.

"Hello?" It was Brian.

"Hey- come in," you say.

The door opened slowly as Brian peeked his head in. He looks around the room and says your name. You opened your eyes. You looked around the ceiling. You felt this soft plastic thing in your nose. Like two silicone straws. Air gently blew through them into your nostrils. You lift your head slightly, your body feels sore. You continue to look around the room. Your body is stiff. A nurse walks in. 

"Where's Toby?" He asks.

" Uhm... don't know, I just woke up."

Brain sighs as he looks around more as if he's trying to find the words to say.