Flushing Out You're Head

You're mouth dropped. You felt like your heart stopped. But You stayed still.
Where Could You Look at This... Thing?
His words were weird. But You Could understand them.

"Young lady. Allow me to explain Where You Are.." he began.

"Child, this place is my home. Here, it's a safe place from other dangerous creatures. You're recovering from my mistake. I'm deeply sorry for your injury.." he gestures to you're chest. You furrow your face in confusion. You looked down to your chest, and pull down your shirt. On your collarbone was a large bandage. You pulled it down and revealed a symbol... A circle with a large X crossed through the center. You looked up at the faceless creature.
"If it wasn't for that You wouldn't be able to comprehend what I am telling you, (y-n). Until that heals, you'll have to stay here... " It said.

You looked at Toby. He just focused on the floor, with regret on his face.

"Toby?" you managed to say.

"I-i'm sorry.." he whispered.

"Toby, I think it's best you leave us alone for a moment. " said the creature.
You're veins buRnt.
"No! Toby, don't leave me! Please!" You begged. This thing, You've never seen it before, so who knew what it was capable of? You tried reaching out for him, but the fresh wound stung you.
"Toby, don't leave me.." You said.

"(y-n). I know this man. You're safe. I promise. " he says calmly.
"But.."
"I promise. " he walks over to you, grabs your hand, and kisses the back of it.
"You're fine," he whispers. Then he walks out the door, closing it behind him. You look at the creature.
"You know Toby. He's a good boy. " you heard him say.
You nod.
"I'm guessing you haven't found out what else has happened in his life... That's fine. You'll find out, soon. Or not at all."

"What do you mean?" you spoke quietly. still scared.

"Toby finds you worth his time. What he can't seem to understand is that he doesn't have much time to be socializing. He has a job he needs to attend to. He must not be distracted. He's usually good at avoiding things, but you're tugging his attention away." he explains. You look down. Have you been that much of a distraction?

"I didn't know .." You began to say, but he cut you off.

"Of course, you didn't know. That's fine. However, you are here now... That's a problem. You see, I'm sure you have never seen anything like me. Have you?" he asked. You shook your head.

"Exactly. Humans shouldn't be allowed to see such things. They make it negative. They go against nature. Some creatures are reckless. Toby. He's not much different than you are, but he's special. I raised him to be kind to nature, and fair to monsters. "

You had to take it all in...

"So... Who are you? Toby's father?" you asked. He chuckles... Oddly enough, for having no mouth.
"Dear, no. I'm like his godfather. I took him in after he couldn't be a part of your world any longer. He's damaged, (y-n). He's gentle. He's been through a lot. Perhaps it's about time he found a real friend... You seem important. Which is why you're even this deep into the woods. If it wasn't for Toby, you would have been gone. But Here You are.." he said.

"But... Now what?" you ask.

"Now... For Now. You will rest. Things are going to change around Here. You must be well nourished and strong. " he said. He called Toby back in.
"Yes?" Toby said.

"Take care of your friend here. She needs to have constant surveillance. " said the creature.
Toby looked at you, and back to the creature.

"Yes sir," said Toby.

The creature faced back toward You.

"Good talk, (y-n). I'll be seeing You around," he said. Then he left the room.