When You're in Pieces

Something about its location and the head doctor felt very astray from other care centers. It seemed very old and outdated but not in an abandoned dirty way. Just a stuck in time sort of way.

You were rolled into a room. A light room that smelled clean. You were raised off the gurney onto the bed. You felt the muscles in your stomach begin to clench on themselves and the sour saliva crawl up your throat. You turned over and threw up over the edge of the bed, trying not to throw up on the bed.

You were in the worst pain. Your hips felt like they were being ripped apart from the inside, like cramps on your period, put 15x worse.
You were throwing up. You couldn't help but feel absolutely nauseous . The pain is that bad. It had you worried, actually. You couldn't even open your eyes for a minute before throwing up again. The nurses brought you a bucket to throw up into. The mess you made was cleaned up.
Hours went by before you could lay back down and relax. Your abdomen was sore from throwing up and constantly bending over. Every time you would get a moment to lay down and rest your back would start to convulse before you started throwing up again. At some point through that time you started throwing up what stomach acid you had left.

Finally, you were laying down. You can bet your ass you were exhausted. As you lay down in the dark, trying to rest, you saw a shadow appear in the door in front of the lit hallway.
*knock knock*  it was Toby.
You smiled at him.
He walked over to your bed.
A male nurse followed behind him.
Toby sat down on the bed and ran his fingers through your hair. You felt so nice with him around.
The nurse stood at the foot of the bed.
"Hello, (Y-N). We will need a few samples from you. Those being blood and urine." he said. You nodded.
"Okay.."
"I'll bring the equipment. Sit tight. Relax. " he said. He left the room. You look at Toby.

"Hey," he said.
You smiled at him and reached your arms up, inviting him into a hug.
He leaned over and you both embraced each other tightly.

"I hope you're okay.." he whispered.

"I am. I will be. I'm tough." you tell him reassuringly.

You let go of each other.
The nurse comes back with a tray.
I'll spare the deats- your blood was drawn into 7 or 4 different tubes.
Toby helped you walk to the bathroom for your pee sample.
And. Yeah.
The nurse leaves with your fluids.
You take a deep breath. You lay back and try to sleep. Toby was in the room and he held your hand as you slept.

You wake up. The nurse was in the room again.
" Hello again, (Y-N). I have your results. Toby, do you mind leaving the room?" says the nurse.
Were you going to die? What was going on?
What did your results have to say?

"Uhm... Toby?"

"Sh. It's okay, shhh, I'll be here for you, whatever it is. I'm here for you. Even when you're in pieces." He kisses your hand and leaves the room to give you and the nurse privacy.

To be continued...