I Will Replace The Noise With Silence Instead

You sat there in bed, with Toby as your only company for the night, as your mother never came home.
The next day, you made breakfast for yourself and Toby.
While you both sat at the table, you brought up a question.
"So.." You started.

"Want to go for a walk in the woods today?" you asked.

He looked up from his plate.

"The w-woods?" he said.
You nodded.

"It's kind of warm today. I think a walk would be nice. Don't you think?"

He stared at you for a moment.

"Sure. I know a trail we can take. Safely. "

"Toby, I want to explore." you pouted.

"Well... I don't know. You fainted yesterday. We need access to a hospital if needed." he tried to convince you. He was trying to keep you safe from something he knew was in the woods.

"You don't have to take care of me, I'm fine," you argued.

"Unfortunately, hunny, You're not. "

"Screw you, Toby, I was tired yesterday, okay? That's all." you were getting impatient.

"Fine. Fine. You baby. " he murmured.

"Whatever Toby. Stop that. I'm fine, I promise."

He looked at you.

"(Y/N)... It's just... I'm worried, that's all. You're such a nice person, you don't need to be going through this." he said.

You looked him in the eyes. His own eyes showed the truth. He cared about you.

"Toby. I understand that you're worried. But you don't have to be."

He smiles. Barely. He knew what you could get into, and he was trying to get you to change your mind.

"Okay." he finally agrees. To shut you up.

You smile and You both finish your breakfast.

You walked out the front door greeted by the warm sunshine on your skin.

Toby walked out and pulled his hoodie over his head, and closed the door behind him.

"Stay close to me, (y/n)," he said firmly.
You shook your head. You felt totally fine.

As you were both walking into the woods, you started to feel uneasy. You started to feel scared. Like anxiety was catching up to you quickly.
You hated to admit it, but you didn't want to take this walk any longer. Fear was crawling up your spine the deeper you walked into the woods.

You began to feel dizzy again. You grabbed Toby's arm.

"T-Toby.." you latched on tighter. He held onto your hand and stopped walking so you could catch your balance.

"(y/n)? Are you alright?" he asks.
You just held his arm tightly.
Toby heard something in the woods all too familiar to him.

"Not now!" he yelled.
Your vision grew blurry. As you saw three figures approach you and Toby. Two pale faces and one black mask... Pale. ... Masks... Faces...
Your head began to hurt again, and you tried to hold Toby tighter to keep yourself from falling. Your ears rang, and all the feelings from before came back. The pain in your head, the headache that felt like it could kill you. Then you felt yourself drop to the ground. The ringing stopped, and everything went dark.

Wake up. You did.
But you were in a room. It wasn't familiar either... You look around and see nothing but the bed you were on, a door across. Next to the bed, is a nightstand with a picture on it of a family. Toby's family. His Mom, his sister and him. He was so young. He looked happy. He had some colour in his skin. You stared at the photo. Then something caught your attention as Toby walked in.

"(y/n)! You're awake..." he said.

You looked over at him and nodded.

"Is this your room?" you asked.
He nodded. "Yeah," he replied.

"Look, (y-n). There's something I have to tell you. For now, rest. And drink this. " he hands you hot tea. It smelled different though.

"It will help," he explains. He sat down at the foot of his bed.

"You will hear more noise. It's not safe for you here. Not now, and maybe not yet..."

You looked at him, confused.

"Toby... What's going on?" you asked, tears leaking from your eyes. You were scared of the noise and pain you'd already felt twice.

"Drink the tea. It will help you rest. Replace the noise with silence instead.."
He said quietly.

You took a sip. It was bitter, but not too bad.
After you finished drinking it, Toby stood up.

"(y-n)... Be open-minded, please... Someone will explain everything to you. Please listen. Please be calm. "
Said Toby.

You nodded. He nodded too.

"Okay..." he turns to his door and cracks it open a little.

"Sir? She's ready," he calls out.

He takes a step away from the door as it opens wider, and a tall figure steps into the room, well-dressed. Though had no facial features.

"(y-n)?" it said.

------------------------
Jeff here! Don't forget to vote if you enjoyed the story! ;) Comment shit. What do you think will happen next hmm? ;) Until next time.

~Jeff