Book 9⌇12. Seductive Temptation

Chapter 12 Seductive Temptation

-Mavis 16 Years Old

I was sixteen now, the years passing by quickly and it was much more enjoyable with my father having allowed Scáth to come and go as he pleases. He'd grown a liking toward him ever since the incident with the fire, knowing that he'd protect me if anything should arise. Scáth was a greater company that his identity wasn't a secret and we spent a lot of time growing closer and venturing off into the city. After all, my father did say I needed adult supervision for the most part and after I ran off to save that elementary school a few years back, he had words with me.

It wasn't that he didn't think my choice was the problem, but that I could have ended up hurt or killed with how many had advanced toward the elementary school. I know that I should have at least alerted someone else within the coven, but I acted impulsively, and it could have cost me. Thankfully, everything turned out how I wanted it to.

"Hey," Scáth knocked on the open door to my bedroom. I was sitting on the bench under the windowsill, writing down little moments in a journal I had started that I wish I could have shared with my mother. It was just easier to get it on paper than keep it locked up in my mind, a great relief came from doing this.

"Hm?" I asked without really looking up, hearing his footsteps as he drew closer.

"Hello?" Scáth asked again, standing right next to me as I was finishing jotting down the last line.

"Uh-huh?" Once again, I asked, trying to glance out of the corner of my eye at him but found it was harder said than done while finishing my thought.

I could practically hear him shaking his head. A frown came upon my face when he chuckled, "Here doofus," a material placed over my head. When I finished with my sentence, I glanced up and saw it was an emerald color.

Grasping the fabric and setting my journal down on the bench, I pulled it down and into my lap. When I furrowed my brows and tilted my head to glance at Scáth I asked, "A dress?"

He shrugged his shoulders and said, "I'm taking you out on a date tonight and since you don't like dresses, I thought I'd pick one out myself for you."

"You're so charming," I rolled my eyes while glancing back at the dress. It was quite beautiful, not a very revealing neckline, but I could tell it would already hold to my figure quite well. I then asked, "A date?"

Scáth sighed and stated, "We haven't been out for a while, so why not go out for dinner and a movie?"

"But a date?" I questioned again.

"Why not?" He asked again and moved away from me, crossing back to the door of my room.

I gripped the fabric and stated, "I didn't know we were dating."

He laughed and said, "Well, if you're uncomfortable with the term, let's just call it a hangout night, alright?"

I nodded my head and he finished, "I'll meet you downstairs in a little while."

I sighed and blew a stray strand of hair from out of my face. Picking up the dress and heading into the bathroom to change, I humored him by putting it on, letting it fall to just above my knees. My grandma had gotten me a pair of heels I hadn't worn yet, so I thought this might be a good opportunity.

After strapping the low black heels on, I quickly straightened my hair, glancing at myself once more in the mirror before I deemed that I was decent, and this would have to do. Walking out of my room and down the hallway, Arlynn passed by and she questioned, "Well where are you going all dressed up?"