The Exposed Truth- Chapter 11

I wake up to the loud exasperating sounds of sirens outside my house and I’m quickly shaken from several hard knocks at my door. As I get up to answer, I stare at my shattered computer screen, I guess I got a little too angry last night, at least it still works. Last night I cried myself to sleep right on the floor; I exceedingly wish it was a dream, but I have to face my reality.

I haven’t heard from Isaac yet.

I don’t know what to do, or who I am, I’m lost, preoccupied by detrimental thoughts and I desperately wish someone could find me at the moment.

While fixing my messy hair, I stroll towards the door to answer the knocks, who can it be?

 I slowly opened the door and I’m greeted by a huge black brawny police officer and my mother with teary eyes.

“Francesca Verbeck?” the officer asked curiously in a demanding like voice.

“Yes, is there a problem?” I reply, trying to sound innocent, but I have an idea why he’s here.

“Hunny, Officer Wilson wants you to go down to the station to answer a few questions, I’m coming with you” my mother says interrupting in a hoarse voice, sounds like she’s been crying more than I have.

“Come with us Ms Verbeck, it’s important” the officer says demandingly.

“Do I at least get to freshen up? I reply, you can hear the longing and guilt in my voice.

“5 minutes” he responds titling his head briefly down and walking away.

As he goes down stairs my mom murmurs “I’ll be right down Officer” as she swiftly makes her way into my room shutting the door, I’m dead.

What do I do? What do I say? This is so embarrassing and degrading; I’ll never earn her respect again. However, I’m not worried about my dad at all, especially after witnessing what he’s been up to.

She puts both her hands at the temples of her heads and squeezes tightly like she’s in deep thought and stressed.

“Why didn’t you tell me Francesca?” she murmurs, sounding more frustrated than I am.

“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry mom, I didn’t expect all of ……this, whatever this is, I’m sorry” I blurt out crying, breaking down.

She walks hastily towards me with open arms, hugging me tightly, comforting my sorrow.

“It’s okay hunny” she whispers in my ear, her voice is so soothing. “Go freshen up!” She exclaims.

Following her command I ran to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and quickly washed my face. I notice that I still have Isaac’s denim jacket on. I swiftly took it off throwing over a big burnt greet sweater

Thereafter, I walked nervously to my mom to accompany Officer Wilson down stairs.

He’s standing under the front door fame staring at us as we scurry down the stairs.

“Ready” I murmur staring up at him, pulling down the bottom of my sweater anxiously.
He begins to proceed outside, leading us towards the police car. I pause and stare at the flashing blue lights in horror, it’s so scary, I thought we’re supposed to feel protected?

We get in and as he reverses out the drive way, the aggravating siren sound goes off, but that’s the least thing that’s on my mind. Rebecca, Carly, Isaac and my parents fill my thoughts.

WE ARRIVE AT THE two story old wooden police station, Wilson gets out and escorts us inside, I bow my head in shame while I walk through the halls, trying to block the sides of my face with my hair like if I’m some sort of serial killer.