Perfect Sensations- Chapter 12

Its three days after all the drama at the police station went down and I’m still not over it. I've broken down hundreds of times since then. Rebecca and Carly were filled in on everything that took place but I refused their friendly comfort and support. I don’t care about anything, I just want to make it through school, get home, sleep and repeat the cycle. I feel like I have no soul, nothing to live for, and it’s not based on my love for a boy, it’s based on betrayal. I know it’s not entirely their fault, it’s mostly mines, I never should have fell so hard for a guy I only knew for a few days, I shouldn't have ever slept with him, I was overpowered by lust, I know I’m better than that but now, I feel worthless, pathetic and worst of all, I’m waiting to see my school’s guidance counselor who I’m being forced to see at least three times a week, I guess my parents and the police didn't take my fainting incident lightly.

Isaac and Blake aren’t gonna get the punishment they deserve, they’re just being charged, I guess you’re above the law when you’re rich, it’s just the sad truth.

I’m sitting outside the guidance counselor office and I see the counselor walking down the lonely hallway. He’s wearing an expensive looking dark grey power suit along with a white tie with black parallel stripes; quite fancy for a counselor. His hair is short and curly and I can tell he’s a man of class.

He’s about to walk into his office but stops at the sight of me sitting outside. I look like a horrid mess. I’m wearing old washed out jeans, a wrinkled black shirt with a print of the band “Nirvana” with an old denim looking cardigan over it all. Don’t even get me started on my hair which looks like it hasn't been brushed in years.

He’s looks down; eyes squinted and murmurs “Hey, waiting on me?” His voice is deeper than expected, I guess i shouldn't have stereotyped him as gay without talking to him first, then again, not all gay guys have high pitched voices, I learned that the hard way, Blake.

“Yes, Mr. Coleman? I respond in tone full of attitude, I really don’t care how I come across at this point.

“It’s actually Dr. Coleman, but whatever no one gives a damn about that little old Ph.D.” He responds humorously, making me comfortable already.

“I think I may like you” I respond as he leads me into his office.

Him: “Have a seat, Ms…..?”

Me: “Verbeck, you can call me Francesca”

Him: “Oh, you’re Francesca; I've actually been expecting you”

Me: “Great, so the news is already spreading, how wonderful” I respond sarcastically as I fold my arms, cross my legs, and take a mint from a small bowl full which is placed nicely on top a cute glass coffee table that separates us. He laughs and responds, “No Ms. Verbeck, I was given a brief background about what led you here so I can try my best to help you.”

I chuckled and gazed fiercely into his eyes grabbing his attention, “thing is, I don’t need help, I’m a lot smarter than the average 16 year old you know”

He raises his eyebrows and replies slickly, “Well you haven’t made very smart choices, you know” mocking me.

I sit back and acknowledge that there is no ‘winning’ with him, he’s incredibly smart and doesn't seem to get intimidated easily.

“So tell me about yourself, what you like to do for fun?” he murmurs curiously, It’s so convincing, it’s like he’s actually interested even though I know it’s part of his job.

“Is this is date or something?” I respond sarcastically, smiling with my hands folded.

“I thought we were past this unnecessary rebel comments stage, you aren't fooling anyone Francesca” he replies ‘sophisticatedly’.