Chapter 3 (Edited)

Xavier growled and leaned over the table. He watched as I moved a bit in front of my cousins, and that seemed to knock him out of his anger. Hurt filled his eyes before they turned hard.

"I do not think that you would have hurt them, Alpha," I said, causing the Alpha raise an eyebrow. "I just do not want them to see an angry Alpha that does look like he is about to kill someone." I took a sip from my cup and scowled at the disgusting taste. I had forgotten that it was cold and didn't really want to bother our waitress. "They have seen enough of that all ready."

Xavier raised an eyebrow but didn't say a word about it. "Cerina," he called, causing our waitress to come over. He gestured to my cup. "More coffee."

"Please!" Clara chastised when I moved back into my spot. She narrowed her eyes at the older Alpha. "It is nice to say please."

Xavier looked at me and gestured towards my cousin. He scowled when I just shrugged, trying to contain a laugh.

"No, no, it's fine," the waitress, Cerina said. Her face was a bit pale, and I could tell that she was thinking the worse. "He doesn-" She stopped talking when Xavier held up his hand.

"Please," he grunted out. "Get her some more coffee." He narrowed his eyes at my cousin, causing her to narrow them back.

"Clarity," I warned, causing her to instantly look down. I smiled at the waitress when she came back with a fresh cup and placed it in front of me. "Thank you," I said, causing her to smile and nod.

"Well?" Xavier asked when she walked away and after I took a sip if my coffee. "Why are you here, Rogue?"

I took another sip of my coffee and sighed. "I did come from a pack," I said. "I didn't agree... with some of the things that they were teaching, so I ran away with my two cousins." I gestured to them.

"Why did you run?" the Beta asked, speaking for the first time. Recognition filled his eyes, and I knew that he knew who I was.

I smiled sadly and moved a strand of hair from covering the place where my mark was supposed to lay. My mate had marked me once when he was drunk before cutting it off.

He tried to break the bond between us but I never had given him my consent. So, he started to beat me and turned the pack against me one by one. Camen was a manipulator and tried to get people to do his bidding. He had a way with words, which was something that l could never do.

"Let's just say that if I didn't, then I would be dead."

***

There was one thing that I hated the most in this world besides my mate. And, that was the look of pity. The Beta looked me up and down, and I could tell that he wanted to see if there was anything else that I was hiding. "What is your name by the way?" he asked, smirking.

"Cassandra," I replied. I nodded to my cousins. "They Clarity and TJ."

Recognition filtered through Xavier's eyes as well as distrust. "I don't believe you," he said. "I know a Cassandra, and she is not..." He gestured me up and down. "Then again, you might not be her and just a Rogue with the same name."

"Now, would be a good time to show them the coin," TJ hissed.

Goddess, please don't let him find me, I prayed, closing my eyes a bit. I shifted in my seat and took out the coin. I watched as Xavier was about to attack me but didn't when I laid a coin on the table.

"What's this?" he asked, even though he all ready knew what it was. "Did you steal this?"

I shook my head and looked at the coin. The goldish coin laid on the table with the insignia of the king. I had been in a group with the best of the best Warriors and mainly grew up with them. "I earned it."

Xavier snorted and rolled his eyes. He didn't believe me and that was what made me mad. He didn't know me, even though there had been rumors about me. "Ya, right. You don't look like you can take down an Omega much less an Alpha."

I gritted my teeth but stayed silent. I had to nudge my cousin because I knew that he wanted to yell at him for the way that he was treating me. "Believe it or not, Alpha. A lot of stuff can change in a year or so." I took the coin and placed it back in my pocket, blantly ignoring the warning growl.

"Then, you will stay with me until I can get the king to come over. You three will be staying with my lack until then. You will be working long hours, so I hope you are used to it." He smirked and ignored the look that his Beta sent his way. "Oh, and I hope you are comfortable with being an Omega. I don't trust you with anything else."

I pursed my lips and nodded my head. I knew that I could get killed, but I knew that Camen wouldn't come here. My cousins were safe. "Then please, let me make a phone call first."