Chapter 56

We got to their campgrounds just as the sun peeked through the trees and over the forest below.

The sky danced with pinks, oranges, and yellows, weaving together until the whole sky was filled with the colors.

The tents that housed the residents of this camp glistened in the sunlight, glistening with magic.

'There are Warlocks here, Charlie,' I said, glancing at him. I was worried and a little hurt that a Warlock was here and prayed that it was a Rogue and not someone that I knew. 'We're going to have to be more careful.'

Charlie nodded his head. He looked worried about the Warlock, and I was worried also.

Having a Warlock here meant that we would be sensed by them because of the magic that coursed through our outfits. It meant that if they were not on our side, then Camen would know we were there.

One of the tents opened, and my heart sunk as someone I knew and trusted stepped out. He looked around, his eyes passing over us as if we weren't there.

'Can he see us?' I asked, causing Charlie to shrug. I watched as he looked around again and pursed his lips.

'It doesn't look like it,' Charlie said. 'I don't know why, though. We are wearing the outfits that were given to us.'

The male, whom I fondly called Tito, groaned and moved a hand through his face. "I thought you said they would be here already. If so, then where are they?"

'Is he talking about us?' Charlie asked.

I didn't reply but shrugged my shoulder. I watched as Tito answered a phone call and started to walk towards the woods.

"No, they aren't here," he said. "I thought you said they would be, Your Majesty."

I strained my ears and tried to listen to his conversation. I knew that he was talking to Henry, but I couldn't hear what he was saying.

"Are you sure that they are wearing our stuff or the stuff we helped them make?" he asked. He narrowed his eyes and pursed his lips. "I don't know who else they know. Cassandra is respected throughout the clans."

I rolled my eyes. 'Only one of them knows magic,' I said, causing Charlie to snort. 'And that is their species.'

"How should I know they know magic or not? There is a thing called evolution." He rolled his eyes at whatever the King said. "Well, whoever told you that she had left is lying. I can't sense her at all."

I glanced at Charlie and shrugged when he shrugged. I didn't understand why he couldn't sense us but didn't complain.

Tito winced when someone started to yell at him. "My apologies, Your Highness," he said. "Yes, I know that you are able to sense them. I am j-" He sighed and shook his head, his face darkening. "I will let you know when she gets here." His voice turned slightly darker, and he flinched when someone yelled at him. "I care about her, too, Your Highness which is why I had started this in the first place."

I felt this weight lift off my shoulders when he said that. I was glad that he still cared about me, even though I hadn't been in contact with him in years.

There was a loud smack causing Charlie and me to look in that direction. There was some yelling after the smack, and people started to come in our direction with more shouting.

Tito scowled and annoyance flashed through his eyes. "I have to go," he said. "He is back from whatever he had been doing." He nodded his head. "I will update you when she gets here." He hung his phone up and sighed, running a hand across his face. "I just hope that she doesn't come," he muttered. "Gods knows what he is going to do to her."

After that, he stayed silent and waited until Camen and whoever else showed up.

***

Camen and Joel walked into the clearing with Camen yelling at Joel about something. "I don't care if Parker is your mate," he said. "You will kill him when he gets here again. Is that understood?"

Joel set his jaw a look of hurt flashing across his face. His face looked red from where Canen had slapped him. "Yes, Alpha," he said, his voice void of emotion.

'Tell Zion that Parker isn't safe here,' I said to Charlie. 'Tell him that his new job is to watch over Xavier and the kids.'

'Will do.'

Camen studied Joel and scowled. "Do not tell me that my Beta is going behind my back. Are you?"

"I am not," he replied.

"Good, because I do not have any qualms killing you." He looked at Tito. "Is he telling the truth, Antonio?"

"He is," he replied. "Joel isn't going behind your back."

"Is he planning something against me?"

"No," he replied.

"Are you still under my oath?"

"I am," he replied.

This caused Charlie and I to look at each other. We had no idea how to deal with this information.

If he was under Camen's oath, then there was a chance that he wouldn't be much help to us unless he was vague in his oath.

"Will you tell me if he goes behind my back and does something that will harm the pack?"

"I will, you have my word."

Camen nodded his head and looked satisfied. "Is there anyone new around?" he asked, causing Tito to shake his head. "Good, it means that Cassandra hasn't found us yet. Strengthen the borders. I don't want her to be in here without my permission."

"Of course," he said, nodding his head. "Is there anything else?"

Camen nodded his head. "Let me know when they deliver the Soothsayer. If they weren't able to make him talk then I will personally get him to tell me everything about my little pet and use that against her."

"I will let you know when he gets here," he replied.

"Good, now get to work. I don't want her anywhere near here." And with that, he walked away followed by Joel.

Tito watched him go, scowling. "I had made an oath, but it isn't to you. My loyalty will always be to my king and her," he said, and I could tell that Camen couldn't hear him. "You will die by her hand or mine, and that is something you have my word on."

After that, he walked away with me following him and Charlie following Camen.

It was time.