Chapter 40

A/N: So, I don't plan on this book to be ending anytime soon. There is still a lot of drama that needs to happen, Camen's death, the explanation of the Ten, and then where Xavier's and Cassandra's relationship goes from here. There are other stuff as well, but I am not going to spoil it. ;)

Anyway, about the barracks scene that Cassandra was talking about in the last chapter. If she had decided to go straight to the barracks instead of her room in the castle, what would happen? Who would she run into, if she runs into someone? Could the future have been changed for a pairing of people? Would there be a love triangle? Would Cass lose herself or her family? Who knows (except for me, of course). 

Would ya'll read the alternate universe set thing? If so, what are your theories?

What do you think will happen now? Do you have any theories about what I have written? I would love to hear them. I would love to answer any questions or concerns that anyone has up to this point. I will try not to spoil some stuff for others, but if you don't mind me spoiling some of the plots, then I will gladly message you with the information.

And now, the moment we all have been waiting for, here is the next chapter.

~Rissa

Warning: A little sexy scene on the way. ;) Not too bad, but just a small warning.

__________________________________________________________________________

Xavier stiffened when I kissed him. His whole body was tense, and I could hear his heart pounding in his chest. He didn't pull away from me, but he didn't kiss me back causing me to pull away with a broken heart.

"Umm..." I said, looking away. I licked my lips and cleared my throat. "I'm sorry. I-I shouldn't have done that yet..." I started to get out of his grasp when Xavier growled and practically threw me on the bed, a soft gasp leaving my lips.

He climbed on top of me, and for some reason, I didn't feel afraid as he placed both arms on either side of me. He leaned down, hesitating as he watched me with those blue eyes of his. His breathing was labored as was mine as we waited for the other person to let whatever was happening between us happen.

Slowly, I nodded my head causing him to slam his mouth on mine. I kissed him back with as much force as he did with me and placed my arms around his neck.

Gently, I pulled this strong Alpha towards me, causing him to growl out his approval. I pulled at his hair causing him to groan as we both fought for dominance.

He pulled his lips off of mine and started to leave hot kisses on my skin as he trailed down my neck.

I groaned and pushed myself against him. I was in a lustful haze as I tried to pull Xavier's shirt off of his body.

Xavier pulled his shirt off his body and tossed it into a corner. He crashed his lips with mine again and moved his hands until they were at the edge of my underwear. Slowly, he started to pull them down, and this action caused me to get out of my lustful haze.

I stopped his hands from moving them further, my grip firm. "We can't," I panted when Xavier pulled away from me.

Goddess, please give me strength not to hump this male and not cause pain to my "other half."

Xavier stilled as those left my words left my mate. His face turned rather dark with rejection as he started to get off of me.

"No," I said, not ready for him to leave this position just yet. I placed my arms and legs around him, causing him to place his hands on either side of my head to keep us stable.

He didn't say a word as he stared at me through guarded eyes.

"We can't have sex, yet," I explained. "I don't want to cause him pain like that, no matter how much I despise his being. I can't do that to him."