Chapter 14

A week had passed since the day that I had gone outside, and I was finally allowed to leave the hospital room and rest in my new bedroom. I had gained a little bit of weight and was slowly but surely eating regular food instead of the meals that I had been eating.

I could tell that Dr. Trent was proud of my progress by the fact that he kept nodding his head like a parrot and making notes in my chart. I knew that he was glad that I had been doing better with the food here than I had at the base.

I knew that Justin and Julian were as relieved as he was, and I was sure that they had called their father to let them know of the progress that I was making here. I wanted to see him so bad, but I had no idea if he wanted to see me, even after he also had tried to warn me that Camen was bad news.

"So," Justin said, clutching a pillow to his chest and sprawled out on the bed in my new room. He stared at me standing by the door with knowledge eyes as if he knew what I was thinking. "Dad wants to see you so does Aunt Heidi."

"Ya," Julian said from where he was laying on the couch that was in the sitting part of my room. "She's been asking when she can see the baby. She is kind of mad that C- he had gotten you pregnant, but she thinks that you will be an amazing mom."

I looked down and shrugged, keeping silent. I wanted to see them as much they wanted to see me, but I knew that there were going to be questions, questions that I wasn't really ready to answer yet.

Justin and Julian looked at each other before looking at me. "We can make sure that they don't ask anything, not yet," he said, causing Julian to nod his head. "But, you know that you are going to have to talk to someone about them."

"Even if it is with the Alpha that y-" He stopped talking when Justin threw a pillow at him. "Ow, what was that for?" he asked, throwing it back.

"That is for you to shut up," he said. "Help her sit down. It looks like she is having troubles walking, again." He sighed, mockingly, causing me to roll my eyes.

"I'm just... this is all for me?" I asked, hesitantly taking a step forward and slowly moved towards the couch. My whole body was tense as I looked around, waiting for someone or something to come at me and tell me that it wasn't.

"'Course," Julian said, nodding his head. He stood and took my hand before leading me to the couch. He sat down and pulled me next to him before turning around and resting his head in my lap. "This is all for you," he said, sprawling out.

I rolled my eyes and fiddled with his hair. I could smell Xavier nearby, but I had no idea why. I knew that he wasn't in the room with me, but his scent was strong as if he was. "I don't know why," I said, starting to braid his hair.

"Because you are amazing," Julian said, closing his eyes. "And don't say it. I know that I need a haircut."

"I am glad that you know," I said, softly. I licked my lips but didn't say what I was thinking, knowing that he would be mad at me for disagreeing with him. "I do want to meet with them, but I want to be a little more..." I licked my lips and cleared my throat, not knowing what to say.

"They won't think of you as weak," Justin said, probably knowing I was thinking. "Are you kidding me?"

I didn't reply as I finished braiding some more of Julian's hair. I growled softly when Julian moved causing him to stop moving. "Don't move," I warned. "I'm not done yet."

Julian grumbled but stayed put. "He's right, Cass. I mean, come on. You fucking killed a Worber when you were a young girl. You are one of the strongest fighters that I know."

"I haven't been training though," I muttered. "I mean, I could ha- Ow, did you have to smack me with that pillow?" I glared at Justin who was now pillowless.

"Yes," he said, blinking slowly. "You were going to call yourself weak because you weren't training, even though you killed another Worber a month ago."

"Ya, you've killed more than us," Julian said. "I mean... ya, you killed more than us."

"I don't think you have killed any unless you decided to be like your brother and try to track one again."

"And, what if I did?" Julian asked, causing me to flick his ear. "Ow, ok, I didn't track any and neither did Justin," he grumbled. He scowled and rubbed his ear. "I hate you."

"Un huh," I said. "If you hate me, why do you still have your head in my lap?" I asked.

"Because your lap is comfortable," Julian grumbled. He yawned and stretched, putting his hand near my face and push me slightly to the side. "But you are still a pain in the ass."

"You're the bigger pain," Justin said, causing Julian to grab the pillow Justin had thrown at me and tossed it at him. Justin threw the pillow back at him, causing Julian to sit up and glare at him.

"No," he said, glaring at him. "You are the biggest pain, Justin," he said. He tossed the pillow back at him, almost hitting the lamp.

"Oi," I said, smacking the pillow away when Justin threw it at him. "Touch that pillow Julian Abrams, and I am going to kill you."

Julian stopped reaching for the pillow and looked at me with wide eyes. His mouth was wide open, and I could tell that he knew that I would. "Why?" he asked, causing me to glare at him.

"You both almost broke the stupid lamp," I said, gesturing to the lamp. "I mean, if you want to fight each other, then fight outside not in a room."

"But, Assie," Julian groaned. "We've always fought indoors, and I mean sometimes you have started those fights indoors. You were the one that had broken that vase when we were younger."

"The vase that you broke the first time?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "I mean, do you remember how hard it was to find it the first time?"

Julian busted out laughing and leaned back against me. He placed his head back on my lap and yawned. "Oh, yes," he said, stretching. "I remember. Wasn't it Justin's fault, though?"

"No, it was yours," Justin said. "So, Cass, do you want to explore your new room? You haven't done that yet."

"Julian's on my lap," I mumbled, not really wanting to look around the room. I was comfortable, comforted by Xavier's scent, even though he wasn't here with us.

Justin rolled his eyes and pushed Julian off of me, causing him to groan. "Look around," he said.

"More importantly look through those French Doors," Julian said, causing Justin to shoot him a look. "What?" he asked, furrowing his brows. "I just want her to look through them."

I rolled my eyes and stood from the couch. I started to walk towards the French Doors but stopped. My heart started to pound in excitement as Xavier's scent began to fill my nose stronger than it had.

"Cass?" Justin asked, causing me to cock my head in his direction. Concern filled his voice, and I had a feeling he knew why his scent was surrounding me.

I took in a deep breath and walked forward until I was at the double doors. I took in another deep breath, gaining some courage and opened the doors only to see a bedroom that looked similar to mine but a lot darker than the white, light blue fashion I had.

On the opposite wall from where I was standing was a King size bed with dark blue covers on it.

His scent was a hell of a lot stronger in, causing me to feel both anxious and happy at the same time. However, he was nowhere to be seen.

As I was studying his room, a door opened and a lot of steam came out followed by a figure.

Xavier walked out of the bathroom, moving a towel through his hair. He wore nothing but a towel around his waist, leaving the top half of his body bare.

I didn't mean to make a sound, I really didn't, but a squeak left my lips, startling both Xavier and I.

Xavier turned towards the French Doors, defensively before he noticed me there. His eyes went wide as well as before he furrowed his brows in concern. "Ca-" he was about to say was cut off.

Bang!