Chapter 36 (Edited)

"Oooh, story time. Continue," Julian said. He pushed his plate away from him and set his elbow on the table. "Who had these blue eyes?"

I rolled my eyes at my brother and pushed some of the food on the plate around. "I never did catch his name," I admitted. "I am sure that one of them did, but I didn't want to know. I received the basic information that he was an Alpha from a pack and was called HT-20-18."

"What does HT-20-18 mean?" Parker asked.

"'High Threat, Cell 20, Age 18,'" Commander said. "It's code we use for... the people that are held at the castle."

"I was labeled HT-26-06 when I was locked up," I said, not looking at them. I shrugged grimacing. "It's not fun to be called that or being called a prisoner."

"How long were you held before all of this?" Parker asked.

"About three weeks," I replied. "I didn't do that well there. All I had was my bunny and nothing else."

"How long was this... person held for?"

"I think for twelve hours before my uncle called us to get him. He had wanted to get all the information available before he found him from people who were there and people who knew him," I replied. "He had Charlie and me collect him at nine in the evening, twelve hours after he was brought there."

"Why only twelve hours?"

"Well, he's an Alpha," Charlie said. "And, His Majesty hadn't said for there to be a place in or that he had lost his rank, so we had to get him out quickly if he was free to go."

"Mind you, this was all after I had been there. There had been a lot of abuse and shit before and during my time as a prisoner there," I said. "Thankfully, I was able to convince them to have the rules looked at and changed so others wouldn't have had to go through the same ordeal that I and others had been through."

"How old were you when the Alpha came in?" Parker asked.

"I was fifteen," I replied. I took a sip of my drink and cleared my throat. "Anyway, when Charlie and I were told that we had to go get him, we started on the way."

"I was complaining out loud and not using the earpiece that we have to set up as a link and said her name out loud," Charlie said.

"I slapped him across the face when he did that. He was getting on my nerves, and my medication was wearing off at that time," I said, shrugging my shoulder. "It was not a good combination."

"Why didn't you take it then?" Parker asked.

"It requires for me to have food in my system, and I had missed dinner." I shrugged. "And, I hate dry swallowing these pills. They're kind of large."

Parker nodded his head. "What happened next?"

"We made it to the cell that the Alpha was in, and I studied him. I could tell that he was a good soul that was slowly turning dark. I could tell that he was afraid and was sorry for what he had done. He didn't mean for whatever had happened to happen that caused him to be locked up."

"To clarify, Cass is very good at reading people and know what they think or trying to hide," my uncle said. "I trust her judgment."

I cleared my throat and looked away, feeling slightly guilty. I had let the mate-bond with Camen cloud my judgment. I should have seen the signs, but I didn't, and it had almost cost me my life.

May placed her hand in mine and squeezed. She offered me a small smile, causing me to small back at her.

"So, continuing with the story, Cass smiled at the Alpha. Do you want to continue, Cass, or should I?"