Chapter 69- Xavier

Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! I've wanted to add this song, and I think that it fits right here. Let me know what you think.

_____________________________________________________________________________

I stared at the black screen, my mind processing what had happened. My heart pounded in my chest, and my breath caught in my throat.

She loved me... She loved me. Cassandra Marie Kristen loved me, the male that had threatened to kill her if she ever set foot on my packlands again. She loved the unlovable and taught me how to love again.

"Take care of her. Treat her right, and she will treat you better. Us LeBlanc's are known strong lovers as well as strong fighters. Some say we are more lovers than fighters, but that is a lie," Brody's words filled my ears, and I had a feeling that it described what Cass was trying to do.

A sigh from the computer broke me from my thoughts, and I noticed that it wasn't black but Cass staring at a different camera with those gray eyes of her. My heart jumped into my throat while it ached because I noticed how beautiful she looked as if this wasn't hurting her as much as it was me.

She stirred from her thoughts and blinked before she looked at the person behind the camera. "Is it recording?" she asked, her voice holding this tiredness to it that her body didn't show. "Or did you break it again?"

"I don't know if it is recording or not," a male voice said, and I bristled in jealousy. "I thought you knew I wasn't good with technology, Cass."

Cass rolled her eyes. "Then stick your face in front of the camera and see, May," she said coldly.

"It's Ray, bitch," the male said. "Get it right."

Cass scowled, her eyes flickering gold in annoyance. "Not in the mood, May," she warned. "Do as I say and check to make sure it is working."

A face appeared in front of the camera before it moved out of the way. "Ya, I think it is working, so go talk about what you need to say."

Cass rolled her eyes and sighed, leaning forward. Her eyes stared at the camera, and I had a feeling that she was staring at me. "So, I guess I have to apologize," she said, a sheepish grin appearing on her lips. "And explain myself for what I have done and what I will be doing."

She shifted in her seat and sighed, moving a hand across her face. "The first thing that I do want to say is I don't think of you as a monster, Xavier," she said, her lips curving into a smile while she said my name. "I had never thought you were a monster and never will." She looked at her hands and tucked them underneath her legs, a nervous habit that she had. "Camen is the monster, and he was the one that I was talking about that night."

She stared at me with her gray eyes, and I had a feeling that she was again searching me through the computer screen. Her eyes turned a darker gray, and she blinked while she shifted on the bed.

"Why'd you want to make the video now?" May, Ray, whoever it was, asked, stirring her from her thoughts.

Cass blinked and cleared her throat. She glanced at whoever was behind the camera before she looked back at the screen. "Camen is part of a group that my team had tried to eradicate a long time ago," she said, finally. "He's part of the HQ2TCX group, which was a group lead by your father."

I flinched when she said that and pursed my lips, praying that she didn't think I had any part of the group. I knew that my father was a part of it, and he had tried to get me to be a part of it, but it didn't work, not after he had killed my mother in front of me.