Chapter Eleven ✓

MOM TALKS & GOODBYES

NOVA STOOD BY Alice and Jasper as everyone waved and clapped when they were saying goodbye to Bella and Edward. Nova didn't know where they were going on the honeymoon. Bella didn't even know herself. No one knew besides Edward since he's the one who planned everything out for the two.

The car drove away and Allison walked over to her daughter and placed her hands on Nova's arms.

"Have I told you how much I love you lately?" Nova raised an eyebrow. "Come on, we can go inside," Nova said, shivering, "It's cold out here." Nova took Allison inside and brought her upstairs to the Cullen's kitchen where nobody else was. Allison and Nova both sat down on the bar stool and Nova looked at her mother. "What is it, Mom?" Nova asked, facing her. "Well..." Nova chuckled. "Mom, just spit it out." "Its about that boy, Nova. I know you're a good person, and wonderful daughter. You would never do anything stupid or wrong-"

Realization hit Nova, bringing a hand up to her forehead. "Mom... you're seriously not giving me the talk, are you?" Allison looked down at her hands.

"Because I already know everything, it's okay, really and-"

"Oh, you do?" Allison said, laughing nervously.

"We learned about it in fifth grade, Mom. I swear, you have nothing to worry about." "Just that boy... Seth. You like him, don't you?" Nova thought about it for a moment, shaking her head. "Mom, I don't really know him that well..."

"Anyways, nothing is going to happen between us. We're just friends, that's all." "But Nova..." Allison started to say. "But mom, we're just friends."

Hoping that her mother would understand that concept. Allison nodded, giving up. "I just want to say whatever happens, happens. I'm glad you have someone in your life even though your just friends. Later on...you might not be... more. That happened to me once with your father. We met, we were best friends through high school, did everything together. Then we became more."

"Then he left..." Nova said so quietly that her mother couldn't have heard her. "Then things sucked after a while and it was over. I just don't want that for you. I love you, I only want what's best for my daughter." Nova frowned, getting off the bar stool and giving her mother a hug, wrapping her arms tightly around her shoulders.

"I miss you already, Mom." Nova cried. Tears brimmed in the corner of her eyes.

"I love you, Nova," Allison said, feeling a pit growing in her stomach. They don't know when the two will see each other again, probably not for a long time.