Chapter Twenty Three ✓

CHARLIE VISITS

CHARLIE VISITS

"LOOK, I SOLVED A problem. You were leaving. What did you expect me to do?" Nova ran a hand through her hair. She couldn't believe this was happening. Jacob practically showed Charlie that he is a werewolf. So, now what? What's going to happen to Charlie?

What if... so many thoughts roamed through Nova's mind. Bad ones.

Mostly all bad ones.

"Jake, you don't realize the danger you put him in!" Nova cried. 

"The Volturi will kill anyone who knows about us." Bella snapped, a hint of anger showing on her face once again. Nova still couldn't believe that this was happening. She started pacing and biting her nails, something that she did while she was nervous, scared.

"No, I didn't tell him about you. Just me. And I only said that you were different." Nova folded her arms and sighed. "And that we have a niece who we've adopted." Edward added. 

"I mean seriously, Jake. He's not just gonna let that go." Bella said. Nova nodded agreeing with her older cousin.

"Did you consider the physical pain he'll put Bella through? It'll be like...sticking a white hot branding iron down her throat. And that's assuming she can control her thirst." Edward said, Bella glanced at Nova.

"She's doing fine with Nova," Jacob pointed out. Nova sighed, wiping her hand across her forehead.

"Look, Charlie's been in hell, I know you'll be much happier with him in your life." "Jacob, don't try to pretend like you're doing this for anyone but yourself." Edward said, shaking his head. Nova placed her hands on her hips, glaring at Jacob. Why did he have to tell him?

What's going to happen now? "Well, I'm sorry you feel that way, because he'll be here in ten minutes." Jacob said, glancing at Nova. Nova's eyes widened, her hands dropped from her hips and said, "What?"

-

The Cullen's and Nova were in the living room teaching Bella how to act human. Alice walked over and brought one contact up to Bella's eye, then the other. "These will irritate your eyes at first." Alice said, she stepped back.

Bella blinked, feeling the weirdness of the contacts. Her vision has always been perfect ever since she was human and she has never needed contacts or glasses, it's weird putting them in now.

Especially since vampires have 100% good eyesight. "The main thing is to try not to move too fast," Carlisle explained. Nova looked at Bella and folded her arms across her chest.