Chapter Fifteen ✓

BAD NEWS

BAD NEWS

IT'S BEEN ANOTHER FEW days since the beach, and the pack went to the beach again a few days later. Charlie and Nova recently found out that Bella is sick and they're coming back home to extend their trip. Nova is worried. She knows what this means. Charlie doesn't. Did Edward turn her?

Is she officially a vampire now?

Is... is her cousin dead?

For the past few days, she couldn't get those awful thoughts out of her head. Seth has been there for her through everything.

Since she found out her cousin was sick, from now.

Besides today, Seth has patrol and he couldn't make it over to Jacob and Billy's place. Nova was making lunch for Billy with Sue Clearwater, Charlie and for herself. She wanted to keep herself busy as much as she could and try not to think about Bella being sick.

She spread the mayo on the sandwiches and grabbed the lettuce that was in the fridge. Bella can't be dead.

She just can't be. This can't be happening. Not now, not ever. She doesn't want this for her. Nova wants a human cousin, not a dead one.

Her mother Allison would never be able to see her again. Bella's mother would never be able to visit her again. What's going to happen then? Are the Cullen's going to leave Forks? The sound of keys dangling made Nova turn around. She dropped her knife when she saw Jacob. He walked over to Billy. Nova left the kitchen and went to go stand by Charlie who was near the window. "Hey, son," Billy greeted Jacob. "What's going on?" Jacob asked, his voice soft, but he could tell that something was wrong.

"Bella called." Billy replied. Jacob walked over to Charlie and Nova. Nova folded her arms across her chest and looked down. "Hey, haven't seen ya in a while," Charlie said, him and Jacob shook hands.

"You okay?" Charlie asked.

"So, you finally heard from Bella?" Charlie looked down, nodding his head.

"They're extending their trip. Seems like she's caught a bug. They want to wait until she feels better so they can travel again." Nova's stomach turned with knots, looking up her eyes found Jacob's. "She's sick." Jacob said. 

"Yeah, she told me not to worry but she sounded..." Nova flinched, wondering what could possibly be wrong with her. Is she actually sick? Or did she go through the trans-ition?  

"I don't know..." "She'll be okay, Charlie. Come on, let's eat." Sue said. She placed the sandwiches down which her and Nova made. Charlie sat down, Nova and Jacob making eye contact. "Jacob," Billy said, grabbing onto his arm before he left. Nova followed.