Chapter Twenty Six ✓

IT'S TIME

IT WAS THE DAY that Nova wished would never come. The day that Seth and her family would leave to fight for their lives. Nova already said her goodbyes to the Cullen's this morning, and Charlie then dropped her off at Emily's before he left for fishing with Sue. Nova even considered the pack as family, even though they tried to hurt her own. That's all over now.

Now it's about partnership. Working together and keeping them all alive. Every single one of them.

Nova hated knowing that she may never see any of them again, especially Seth. Especially since he confessed his love for her just a day ago. Everyone in the house was saying their goodbyes. Kim was hugging Jared and crying.

Seth and Nova were sitting on the couch embracing each other.

Sam and Emily were embraced in each others arms, and a few of the other imprintees were here but Nova didn't know them that well. "I can't, I can't do this, Seth." Nova cried, wiping her tears away. Emily looked at the young couple and frowned. She leaned her head on Sam's chest.

"Hey," he said, wiping her tears away. Seth's eyes got watery and a tear dropped. "I love you," he whispers, "Always remember that."

Nova sook her head, and her heart breaking.

"Seth," Sam called, taking his arm off Emily's waist and said, "We should go." Nova looked at her hands and cried. Seth took a hand and turned her head a little ways towards his.

Giving her a small kiss she pulled him closer and kissed him back with passion. "I love you."

She pulled away, getting off the couch. Seth smiled, another tear dropping from his eye.

The young couple walked towards the door and waited outside for Sam. Nova saw Paul staring at her, she sent him a small wave and he nodded back at her. Quil gave Nova a hug, and then Embry. She gave all of her closets friends a hug then Sam. The pack started running, not daring to look back at their imprints. Seth let go of Nova's hand, which slipped out of his like slippery soap.

Watching them leave, Nova broke down into tears and Seth didn't look back. He ran into the woods and they all shifted. Seth let out a loud howl as he entered the dark abyss of the woods, and kept running.

                                          -

It's been a few hours and they still haven't come home. Nova has been pacing and she chewed off all of her nails. Emily and Kim were sitting down at the small table. The other imprints left and for home. It was just them.

"Nova, maybe you should sit down." Kim suggested. "No," Nova shook her head, her eyes glaring at the floor and said, "I can't." Emily got up and walked over to the stove.

She turned the kettle on and started to boil some hot water. Nova watched what she was doing and ran a hand through her hair. She turned on her heel and darted towards the door. No sign of the pack yet, it's almost getting dark. Nova groaned, kicking a rock that was beneath her foot. In the dark light, she watched as it landed on the ground.

Groaning again, she ran a hand through her hair and sighed. She walked back in and sat down at the table. Nova heard the water starting to boil, Kim reached out for Nova's hand. Nova looked at her, tears filling her eyes.

She tried to be strong for hours, but how could she be when the love of her life is in danger?

And her family?

Her cousin, Bella. Emmett, god even Emmett.

Nova took her hand away from Kim, she took both of her hands and sighed, placing them both on her face. After the water was done boiling, Emily started making some tea. Nova could swear she heard some faint laughing coming from outside. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw figures walking towards the house.

They were laughing. She heard them laughing.

"Emily, Kim," Nova whispered. Kim heard it.
She couldn't believe it. Nova's eyes widened, she rushed out of her chair, her and Kim took off running outside. Emily followed behind the girls, they all rushed to the pack.

What happened? Are you all okay? Where's Seth?" Nova asked, her heart racing of joy and happiness. "Nova!" Seth yelled. Nova followed the voice and finally found him.

She embraced him in her arms and breathed in his scent. "Seth!" She cried, tears filling her eyes. Leah was behind him and Nova gave her a hug. She turned around and smashed her lips onto Seth's. The pack was alive, that means her family was okay. They were all here. All of them.

"Seth. Oh, my-god." Nova choked on her tears.

Seth hugged her tightly, lifting her off the ground and spinning her around. She smiled, letting go and giving the others hugs. She walked over to Paul, giving him a hug. Paul hugged her back, too. They were all here, and safe. All of them were alive.

                                    -

After reuniting with the pack, Nova got dropped off at the Cullen's place. Edward, Jacob, and Nova were standing outside watching Ness saying goodbye to the vampires.

The witnesses. Many of them had gifts of their own, and they showed all Nova. It was the coolest thing she'd have ever seen. "She's gonna be here a long time, isn't she?" Jacob asked Edward. He nodded, smiling. Nova side-hugged Jacob and Jacob hugged her. Renesmee was saying goodbye to Zafrina and Senna. "A very long time." Edward agreed.

Nova smiled about the news.

She as so happy.

Jasper and Alice found a guy who was exactly like Renesmee who could eat human food and have a blood diet. He's been alive for a long time, and the Cullen's will have their family forever.

"I'm glad she has you." Nova giggled. Jacob smiled. "So... should I start calling you Dad?" Jacob asked. Nova laughed, throwing her head back.

"No." Edward said with a straight face, but a small smile formed playfully on his lips. Jacob and Nova both laughed. Renesmee ran over to them and jumped in Edward's arms.

"Hey," Bella said, as she joined her family.

Nova walked over and hugged her, then Renesmee walked over to her mother. Ness placed a hand on Bella's cheek. "Yeah, we're all gonna be together now." Smiling, Nova watched as Renesmee hugged her mother.

Alice watched them in a distance, she had a vision of Renesmee all grown up, laughing and smiling with Jake. Edward noticed Alice staring at them, he read her thoughts and smiled. They were all going to be together now.

Forever.