Chapter Twenty Four ✓

THE IMMORTAL CHILDREN

THE CULLEN'S AND RENESMEE were all in the living room.

Renesmee and Edward were playing the piano, and Nova was standing beside Jacob. Seth left a little earlier for patrol. Nova smiled at Bella and Bella smiled back. Bella was able to control her thirst around her cousin, especially since she's family and she knows that she'd never hurt her. 

Nova listened to the beautiful melody that they were playing. Alice walked in with a bouquet of flowers and Nova met her eyes. Gasping, Nova jumped when she heard the vase suddenly smash. The glass sprawled out on the floor and the flowers, along with the water were soaking in the hardwood. Jasper speeded over to Alice, standing next to her. "What is it, Alice?"

"The Volturi. They're coming for us. Aro, Caius, Marcus, the guard and Irina." Nova's eyes widened.

"Honey, come here." Bella mentioned to Ness. She got up and headed over to her mother. "Why?" Carlisle asked. "What did Irina see in the woods?" Edward asked, glancing at Jacob. "We were just walking." Bella said.

"Ness was catching snowflakes, and Seth was there with Nova." Jacob added. "Of course," Edward whispered, "Irina thinks Renesmee is an immortal child."

-

Last night Carlisle explained to everyone what immortal children were. But Renesmee is not one of those immortal children. She was born, not bitten. She grows every single day.

The next morning, Nova carried her bag downstairs. Carlisle and Esme both decided that they needed to talk to their friends for witnesses. They needed to show the Volturi that Renesmee was no threat to anyone.

"At least we get to go to London again. We haven't been there for a long time," Esme says, as Nova walked to where everyone else was gathered. Carlisle placed a comforting hand on his wife. He smiled a little then took it off.

"All right. Let's get this show on the road..." Jacob's voice trailed off. Nova furrowed her eyebrows and noticed Sam with Seth walking behind him. Nova made her way outside.

Bella followed and Sam held out a note to her. "Alice asked me to give you that. She and Jasper crossed our lands last night." Seth was waiting down the stairs, Nova couldn't believe that Alice and Jasper left. Why would they leave the moment we needed them the most?

Why? Nova thought. 

She ran into Seth and embraced him in a hug. Seth wrapped his arms around her tiny figure, pulling her closer. "Why would Alice leave? Jasper... I- I don't understand." Nova cried.

Seth placed a hand on her hair, stroking it and he comforted her. "I don't know..." he whispered. "You really have to go?" He asked.

"Yes, Seth. I do." Nova pulled away and her eyes locked with his. Seth looked down at her lips and leaned in.

Ignoring that everyone was there, they weren't watching them anyways. They were too busy dealing with the fact that two people in their family had left them without warning. Seth's lips touched Nova's, creating sparks to fly in her stomach. Nova pulled away and placed a hand on his chest. "I'll see you soon." She said, taking her hand off.

"Be safe, okay?"

Smiling a little, Nova nodded and planted one more kiss on Seth's lips. Seth gave her a hug before he let his imprint go back to the others.

Without waiting for Sam, he took off. Nova walked up to the porch and looked at Bella who was looking down at the note. "Why did they leave?" Nova asked, frowning, she glanced at Sam. "She didn't say."

                                    -

Nova watched Edward zoom past the tall mountains and the snow attached to the ground. She shivered, pulling her scarf closer her neck. Jacob and Renesmee were sitting beside her. Renesmee reached for a strand of Nova's curly hair. She smiled a little, turning to face the little girl and give her a kiss on the cheek.

They arrived at Tanya's house. Edward stopped the Volvo and he got out, leaving Bella, Jacob, Nova and Ness in the car. Nova couldn't make out what they were saying. "Okay, time to meet some new people." Bella told her daughter, turning around from her seat. "What if they don't like me?"

Nova frowned, playing with her fingers then unbuckling her seat belt. "They'll love you." Jacob told her, smiling a little. "They will," Bella agreed, "Once they understand you."

"They just haven't met anyone like you before," Nova said, squeezing her small hand and she got out of the car. Once Renesmee was out of the car, and the Denali clan were in shock.

"The Volturi will come for us all!" Kate shouted, staring at the little girl who was in Jacob's arms. "You get that thing out of here." Tanya hissed, glaring at Renesmee.

"She's not what she looks like," Nova tried to say. "This is a crime!" Tanya yelled. Tanya attacks Edward but Edward pushes her aside, and she lands in the snow, hitting her head on the hard rocks. Nova gasped, she worriedly looked at Renesmee. Kate tried to attack Edward, but Bella jumped in front of him and threw Kate aside in the snow.

"Stay back!" Bella yelled at them. "She has blood in her veins. You can feel her warmth." Edward said to them. "I can feel it." Carmen whispered. "I'm her biological father, and Bella is her biological mother."

"Impossible." "It's true. She was born while Bella was still human," Nova said, glancing at Kate. "I've never heard of such a thing." Eleazar said. "She can show you if you'd let her."Jacob walked slowly towards the clan, Ness was about to place a hand on Tanya's cheek. Her eyes widened. "Don't be afraid, that's just how she communicates." Bella said, nodding. Tanya let the girl her touch her cheek, flashes from when Bella was dying went through her mind. Tanya turned, her eyes darting toward her family and said, "It's true. She's not immortal."