Chapter Twenty Five ✓

COURAGE & SACRIFICE

COURAGE & SACRIFICE

A LOT OF THE vampires showed courage and sacrifice to the Cullen's family.

The pack agreed to fight, and the eighteen vampires that Carlisle brought into their home had also agreed to fight. Nova was worried for Seth. He's only fifteen, he doesn't deserve this. None of them do. He needs to be at school or hanging out with his friends. Not fighting for his life at this age.

The eighteen vampires were nice enough to Nova, but with their red blood shot eyes she decided to go back home and stay with Charlie.

At least until the fighting is all over, she needs to be there with him and Nova couldn't exactly stay in the Cullen's place alone without protection. Seth would never allow that.

"I'm surprised you took a break from Jedi training," Jacob said. Nova sighed, looking out the window as the snow fell. It's Christmas Eve today, and Nova and Renesmee are going to decorate the tree with Charlie.

Nova's mother couldn't make it for Christmas, since she was going to visit her sister down in South Carolina which Nova was glad. she didn't want her mother to be here in the middle of all this. Yes, she misses her, but it's for the best.

"If I don't take Renesmee and Nova to my Dad, he'll come to us. Not so great." Bella shook her head, her eyes focusing on the road. "I know that's what you told Edward." Jacob said. Bella didn't say anything. Nova pursed her lips.

"Whatever. I'm just glad to get away from all those reeking bloodsuckers." Nova raised an eyebrow and shook her head. She looked out the window again and sighed. "I'm sorry. I know. They're good guys. But come on, Dracula one and two?"

Nova let out a chuckle. Bella laughed. It was good to hear her laugh. It made Nova happy.

They made it just in time. Charlie was already waiting at the door for his family. Nova got out with her things and headed to the front door.

"Nova, I'm glad you're back." Charlie hugged his niece. "I'm glad too." She agreed. Renesmee ran over to Charlie and picked her up. Nova turned to smile at her cousin. Bella gave her a small reassuring smile back then Nova headed inside.

-

Nova, Charlie and Renesmee decorated the tree. Seth, Leah, and Sue all came a little later. Charlie finally found someone and Nova is happy that it's Sue Clearwater. Leah and Seth were laughing, and considering the fact that they could both be dead by tomorrow.

Tears filled Nova's eyes. She walked upstairs and shut her door behind her. Taking a breath, she placed her hands on the wooden desk.

She sobbed, but covered her mouth so no one could hear. A knock on the door made her wipe her tears away. She walked to her window and looked out at the snow that was sticking.

"C-come in." Seth was at the door, he opened it and walked right in. He shut it behind him and headed over to Nova. Tears dripped down her cheeks, and Seth placed a hand on her hip.

"Hey," Seth said, turning her around to face him.

Seth brought his hand up to her cheek, wiping her tears with his thumb. "It's going to be okay." "How is any of this okay, Seth? The snow is sticking. They'll be here tomorrow."

Seth's heart broke, knowing that he might never see his imprint again if it comes down to fighting. "Why do you have to go?" Nova whimpered. "I promised that I'd help them fight, Nova." Nova cringed. "Don't say that!"

She slapped him in the chest and cried. Seth embraced her in a hug, hugging her tightly.

Downstairs, Leah listened and frowned. Tears filled her eyes but none of them dropped like Nova's. Seth, her little brother finally found love, his imprint and now that could all be gone tomorrow.

Wiping her tears away, Seth looked her in the eyes. "I love you, Nova." He whispered. "Now you say that?" Nova's voice cracked, her heart aching in pain. How could he possibly say that to me right now? She thought. "I-I love you, too." "From the moment we met." Seth added, creasing her cheek with his thumb.

Nova nodded, looking down. "Come on, lets go downstairs." Seth kissed her forehead before he took her hand and the couple headed downstairs where the rest of the family were seated.

"All right! Present time!" Charlie shouts. Seth sat on the couch with Nova, Leah was sitting beside him. Leah had a plate of food in her hands and Seth grabbed a cracker. "Seth, Leah, stop eating." Charlie said. Nova chuckled. For one day she can try to forget what's about to happen. Only one day with no tears, spending it with her boyfriend and her wonderful family.

"What did you get me?" Seth asked Leah.

Leah chuckled. "I'm not giving you anything."

"Hey! No, come on, what did you get me?" Seth went to the tree and grabbed a small present.

He went to go sit next to Nova, holding it out to her. Her eyes widened. "Seth, we agreed on no presents." Nova pointed out. "I didn't know what to get you. I-I-" "Nova, it's okay. You're presence right here and it is the best gift of all."

Blushing, Nova took the gift from Seth and held it in her small hands. Seth watched as she opened it. Inside there was a small golden locket with one small diamond in the middle of the heart. Nova pulled it out of the package and gasped. "Seth, this is..."

"Beautiful. I have no words." Seth smiled, taking the necklace and Nova turned around.

He attached it on her neck. Nova looked down, staring at the gold necklace that Seth bought her.

"Seth, I love it. Thank you." Nova went to hug him, only to get emotional again. She hugged him tightly, never wanting to let go of his embrace. "I'm glad you like it." He whispered.

"I don't just like it, Seth, I love it." Smiling, she pulled away still feeling bad that she didn't get him anything. Bella hands out Charlie a piece of paper. "It's a 5-day fishing trip to Fraser River. It's for you and Sue."

"You leave tomorrow." Edward said, as Charlie took the envelope in his hands and opened it.

Nova moved closer to Seth, he wrapped his arm around her waist. "Wow, that's really nice. Thank you. Tomorrow? I uh, can't leave tomorrow." Nova looked at Bella. "I already made arrangements for you at work," Sue says, she sits on his lap.

"Sneaky. And extravagant." "And non-refundable ticket, i'm afraid." Edward added.

Charlie looked at them. "You two trying to get rid of me?" He asked, raising his eyebrow.

Nova bit her lip, her eyes flickering down. "Because it's working! Fraser River. That means we'll be chasing cutthroat. "We might even hook a Rainbow or some Bulls." Sue grinned. Charlie grinned. "Women knows her trout." Nova giggled quietly, leaning her head on Seth's shoulder. For the rest of the evening the family ate, opened presents and tried to forget for what's about to come tomorrow.