Chapter Twelve ✓

UNPACKING & SMALL TALKS

"SETH? WHAT THE HELL..." Nova's sweet voice echoed from above where Seth stood. He dropped the rock that he held in his hand before, and heard it thump to the ground. Nova moved to the window and opened it with both of her hands. Looking down Seth was there wearing no shirt, bramuda shorts, and his shoes. Looking back at her in the dark, he smiled a little. "It's me," he said, putting his hands up in surrender hoping that she won't use the hockey stick on her and hit him with it.

Nova tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, staring back down at Seth. "Seth, what the hell are you doing down there?" "Back up. I'm going to come up." With that, Nova stepped aside.

She watched Seth brilliantly climbed the tree that was beside him. Swinging his legs on the different branches and grasping his hands onto each one.

Quickly, Nova went to go flick on the lights. With barely any noise Seth was in her room. Nova's eyes widened, and he looked at Nova.

"What are you doing here?" Seth looked down, and back up at his imprint. He nervously played with his fingers, and Nova couldn't help but to stare at his muscly chest. His muscles stuck out and he moved closer which only made her heart race. "Don't you own a shirt?" Nova's next question was asked.

Trying to hide her blush, she looked away and tried not to look at him. "It's hot." Seth replied with a shrug. "And besides, we don't need them." Nova turned and saw that her bedroom door was open.

She quickly went to go shut it and make sure she didn't shut it to loudly so Charlie would wake up.

Not that he would. Charlie had a little too much to drink. She shut the door and headed back over to Seth, sitting on the bed, glancing up at him.

"What are you doing here?" She asked again, licking her lips.

"I tried to come earlier but I was with Jake."

"Oh," Nova breathed, "How is he?" "He's... well... He's Jacob." Seth said. "Yeah, he wanted to be alone." He added. Nova nodded.

"You could have called me. Or knocked on the door instead of coming up from the window."

"Yeah, I could have. But I didn't."

Seth looked around her room, taking in all it's features. "I wanted to apologize for leaving you earlier. Sam he-he just..." "I know, Seth. You have to obey his orders." Nova frowned. "I just felt bad for leaving you." "I was fine. I said goodbye to my Mom and Bella's friends. Alice drove Charlie and I home."

"Your Mom left?"

She nodded, getting off her bed and grabbing a box, not wanting to talk about it. "Want me to help?" Seth asked. She shrugged. "If you really want to. Don't you have to get back to Sam?"

Seth shook his head. "Not tonight. Not right now." Nova smiled a little, feeling her heart flutter. He grabbed a box and looked through it. It was more pictures of Nova and her old friends.

"Who's that?" Seth pointed at a blonde girl. Nova walked over to Seth and looked at the picture he was talking about. "Oh, that's my friend, Caroline."

The brunette and the blonde girl were sitting down and having ice cream at a little ice cream shop in Port Angeles. That was a good day. Her mother took her and Caroline to Seattle for the day, and then they traveled to Port Angeles and went out for ice cream along with dinner afterwards.

Seth smiled looking at the photo, and Nova was standing beside him. Seth has never been this close to her before like this. He turned his head and noticed her big brown eyes looking back at his. He placed the picture down and turned around. Nova shyly looked down, trying not to stare. Like that was possible. He was gorgeous.

Seth started to lean in, and Nova looked away and noticed a box on Bella's old dresser. She quickly zipped past Seth and walked over to it, placing the box in his strong arms.

Seth felt the weight of it land in his arms and chuckled quietly at her actions. Licking her lips, he stared down at the box he was holding which Nova gave him. "We still have more boxes to do," Nova said with a small laugh, and a smile.

Seth chuckled and rolled his eyes, placing the box on the floor and opening it. Inside it revealed a whole bunch of clothes. Shirts, plaid shirts, tanks, some shoes and heels. Nova owned a lot of clothes and shoes. Being friends with Alice isn't exactly going to help with that situation.

Nova grabbed another box which was filled with more clothes. She didn't know what was wrong with her. Why did she do that? Her heart was still racing at the thought of being that close to him. He was over at Bella's old desk. Nova was sitting on the bed.

The room wasn't that big but it was big enough.

Seth could hear her heart beat. It was beating fast, she was nervous. He smiled to himself and Nova started gathering her hangers while she opened the closet door. Nothing was in here, and all Bella's things were gone. Nova was sure Alice would have a whole new wardrobe for Bella. Seth passed Nova's shirts over to her and she'd hang them on the rack.

Once they finished that they both laid down on the bed and Seth sighed.

Nova placed her hand down, and it touched Seth's hot hand by accident and electric shocks went through her whole arm crossing her heart. She turned her head and smiled, looking up at Seth. Nova moved her hand away and he turned his head. His lips moved closer to hers and he touched her hand again. Instead of moving closer. Nova grabbed a pillow.

Taking the pillow, she picked it up and placed it in between them. Seth moved the pillow away from his face and chuckled. "We still got more boxes to do," Nova said, even though she still felt nervous she could make out a laugh. Though Seth so badly wanted to kiss his imprint. Nova got off the bed first and Seth sighed. The two got back to work without any other interruptions, and Seth stayed at Nova's place for the rest of the night.