The Mirror: Year 1

The amount of food Amisty had eaten that day was more than what she usually had in a year, the magical party favors probably deafening her if she hadn't taken precautions to cast the spell for her hearing.

After she had finished, the boys dragged her out to the lawn, where a massive snowball fight ensued.

"You're not going easy on me just because I'm the only girl, right?!" Amisty yelled, dodging yet another snowy attack.

"The opposite, actually! It's impossible to get you!" Ron called back, barely ducking in time to avoid George's launch.

While everyone else was freezing and drenched, she was relatively warm and nearly dry.

Her street skills had helped her rocket the snowballs at her opponents and dodge the ones coming at her.

She, the only one with energy left surprisingly, scrambled up the hill to another meal.

After which she watched Harry get beaten multiple times by Ron, before helping the twins keep Percy's prefect badge away from him.

When the time came, she waved goodbye at the boys before leaping into her bed. Sleep took her in its grasp quickly, and darkness clouded her vision.

That was, until a small creak pierced through her sleepy daze. Her eyes flew open and she crept to the dormitory door. Peering suspiciously over the stair banister, her gaze darting around the dark corners.

"Hello?" she called, blinking furiously in an attempt to adjust her vision to the dim lighting of the room.

"Amisty? It's just me," Harry's familiar voice reached her ears, and she swallowed a scream when he materialized at the bottom of the staircase.

"Shh shh shh, don't scream, you'll wake everyone up!" He warned, shaking his head quickly as he spotted the shock in her eyes.

"Okay... what are you doing?" She asked, her head tilted slightly to the right as her confusion threaded its way into her voice.

She covered her mouth with her hand as she yawned, trying to ignore her exhaustion.

"I'm just going to explore the castle for a little bit, go back to sleep," He smiled, as if what he just said was not the most ridiculous idea ever.

"Take me with you!" She whisper yelled, ready to leap down the steps in one bound to join him.

Until another yawn hit her.

"No, Amisty. You're too tired, and I don't know how this cloak works just yet. I'll tell you everything tomorrow." Harry shook his head again, giving her an "I'm not arguing" look with his eyes.

"Promise?" she questioned, glaring down at him.

"Promise," he replied, a grin spreading across his face.

"Okay," Amisty sighed, watching as he clambered through the portrait hole and vanished into the dimly lit hallways.

She trudged back into her dormitory, glancing out the window to see the moon casting a silver glow across the grounds.

Crawling back into her bed, she picked up her ring from the dresser at her bedside and looked at the glinting gold band in the moonlight. The white gems seemed to sparkle like stars as they reflected the light.

She turned the ring around in her fingers, the question of who gave it to her plaguing her mind still. She placed it on her dresser before closing the curtains surrounding her bed and closed her eyes.

Before she knew it, sleep had overtaken her once again. This time, however, it wasn't disrupted by boys in mysterious cloaks.

-=+=-