Punches Thrown: Year 3

As much as they wanted to go and visit Hagrid, all the security measures put in place were barring them from visiting him in the evenings.

The only time they had was during Care of Magical Creatures. He seemed to have gone numb at the verdict.

"S'all my fault. Got all tongue-tied. They was all sittin' there in black robes an' I kep' droppin' me notes and forgettin' all them dates yeh looked up fer me, Hermione. An' then Lucius Malfoy stood up an' said his bit, and the Committee ju's did exac'ly what he told 'em..." Hagrid sighed as they walked back up the castle.

"There's still the appeal. Don't give up yet, we're working on it!" Ron argued, determination at its finest.

Amisty was having trouble focusing, though. Malfoy and Crabbe and Goyle were all snickering ahead of them, glancing over their shoulders.

It was taking a whole lot of self-control for her not to hex the back of his head.

She didn't get it. He seemed to care when they were alone, but the second he's with his minions, or she's with her friends, he's back to the cold, rude jerk she had first met in the robes shop.

Hermione, Harry, and even Ron kept dancing around her the entire lesson, making sure she didn't slip away and bash him over the head with her wand when they weren't looking.

She got really close too, well, at least she thought she did. Hermione and Ron had been distracted, bickering back and forth when she pulled out her wand and crept over to where Malfoy was standing.

She was only a few footsteps away, Malfoy hadn't even noticed her yet when Harry grabbed hold of her cloak and pulled her back to his side.

She let out a furious, strangled groan, glaring at her green-eyed friend. But by then, it would be hopeless for her to even attempt.

Malfoy had finally realized what she had been planning and positioned Crabbe and Goyle around him in a sort of idiot wall.

"I was this close, Harry," She held her fingers less than a centimeter apart, twitching with frustration. "This close."

"And he already hates you enough. You scar him and you'll have to face his father," Harry replied, pretty much picking her up and carrying her back to where they had been working.

"What're they going to do to me? Take my home?" She laughed, gazing up at him with sparkling eyes.

"Take your Dad's home," -- She felt a flicker of guilt at that -- "empty your Gringotts account, get you expelled from Hogwarts," He listed off quickly as if he had come up with the ideas far before this encounter.

"Fine," Amisty had grumbled, crossing her arms.

"S'no good, Ron. That Committee's in Lucius Malfoy's pocket. I'm just' gonna make sure the rest o' Beaky's time is the happiest he's ever had. I owe him that..." Hagrid turned and headed back to his cabin, handkerchief covering his face as he wiped away his tears.

"Look at him blubber!" Malfoy laughed cruelly, watching him as he left.

Ron seized Amisty's wrist and dragged her a safe distance away, between him, Harry, and Hermione.

"Have you ever seen anything quite as pathetic? And he's supposed to be our teacher."

And they seemed to forget about her.

She shoved through them, about to spit out something when Hermione stepped forward, more furious than Amisty had ever seen her. She raised her hand high up into the air and slapped him across the cheek so hard he stumbled.